Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 69 Likes Search this Thread
03-08-2021, 01:05 AM   #166
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
So, if you don’t mind me asking. How does it seem now after couple intensive days of use. How do you recon is the image quality compared to 645Z. What else has changed? We kind of know the size and resolution side. Apparemtly handheld shooting is better.
Handholding is massively improved with not only IBIS but also the form factor. It reminds me of the D800 I had while being able to shoot in 4:3 natively rather than the letterbox feel of the Sony which I frequently cropped to 4:3. The 645z is still a great camera. Obviously due to the 102mp sensor there is more detail. The tones tend to be more colourful with the Fuji if you shoot with one of the film simulations. Not sure whether this affects the raws but does impact the jpg. I’d definitely not use the Velvia simulation in jpg in high contrast as it crushes the dynamic range. That makes it a very effective simulation.

When I am travelling again I will be bringing my best camera with me whereas when I travelled last year I ended up leaving the Z behind in favour of the Sony because of the size. Modern lenses by Fuji are about half the price of the Pentax. I paid £1800 for the 32-64 it was an open box special normal price is £2199. I paid not far of £4500k for the Pentax 28-45. I can also go wider with the 23 f/4 and there is a Laoawa 17 available for the G mount

03-08-2021, 03:37 AM   #167
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
Handholding is massively improved with not only IBIS but also the form factor. It reminds me of the D800 I had while being able to shoot in 4:3 natively rather than the letterbox feel of the Sony which I frequently cropped to 4:3. The 645z is still a great camera. Obviously due to the 102mp sensor there is more detail. The tones tend to be more colourful with the Fuji if you shoot with one of the film simulations. Not sure whether this affects the raws but does impact the jpg. I’d definitely not use the Velvia simulation in jpg in high contrast as it crushes the dynamic range. That makes it a very effective simulation.

When I am travelling again I will be bringing my best camera with me whereas when I travelled last year I ended up leaving the Z behind in favour of the Sony because of the size. Modern lenses by Fuji are about half the price of the Pentax. I paid £1800 for the 32-64 it was an open box special normal price is £2199. I paid not far of £4500k for the Pentax 28-45. I can also go wider with the 23 f/4 and there is a Laoawa 17 available for the G mount
Thank you for your response. I was just thinking of asking about your Sony, because this could propably forego even that for traveling(when it is again possible). But wont go there. Also that wide end is impressive now with Fuji. This is still way above my paygrade, but it has been interesting ot see how this system has evolved. And as you said, it is quite cheap when compared wit lenses you have to buy, IF one has to buy them new or in open box way.

Enjoy your new gear! I'll be watching how things will go.
03-08-2021, 04:26 AM   #168
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Thank you for your response. I was just thinking of asking about your Sony, because this could propably forego even that for traveling(when it is again possible). But wont go there. Also that wide end is impressive now with Fuji. This is still way above my paygrade, but it has been interesting ot see how this system has evolved. And as you said, it is quite cheap when compared wit lenses you have to buy, IF one has to buy them new or in open box way.

Enjoy your new gear! I'll be watching how things will go.
I am under orders from the wife that the Sony has to go via part exchange. To be fair, the Sony would gather dust. So far I love using this camera. It's weighty but not overly heavy. It's quite specific on shutter speeds when shooting in Aperture priority. Have had shutter speeds of 1/2.2 and 1/105. Getting used to the menus which are a little different to what I am used to.
03-08-2021, 07:49 AM   #169
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by itshimitis Quote
I am under orders from the wife that the Sony has to go via part exchange. To be fair, the Sony would gather dust. So far I love using this camera. It's weighty but not overly heavy. It's quite specific on shutter speeds when shooting in Aperture priority. Have had shutter speeds of 1/2.2 and 1/105. Getting used to the menus which are a little different to what I am used to.
Sounds reasonable

03-09-2021, 10:32 AM   #170
Veteran Member

BTW, Capture One 21 update 14.1 should now support GFX 100s.

Capture One 21 - Version 14.1 Released - Capture Integration
03-10-2021, 03:54 AM   #171
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Amazing where 100mp will go.
03-21-2021, 11:28 AM   #172

as a pentax 645, olympus m4/3 and sony alpha user my plan is to spend sony enough money to entrench their sensor leadership - no matter if their actual camera is classleader or not! because sensor leadership is the key to future success! (people should stop talking about investments in photo-gear - gear is more burned money than a good investment. and profssional photographers more economic stavelings than economic winners..!) ;-)