Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
01-26-2021, 05:24 PM   #16
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The GXR has a Leica M-Mount rangefinder lens module. L-Mount is the DSLR Mount used by Sigma / Panasonic / and Leica.

Like you I’d expect these might have a place in GR or GXR style offerings and Theta in the future.
I should have been more specific. Ricoh made two GR branded lenses for the old Leica L-Mount (not the current mirrorless mount) in 21mm and 28mm versions. That is what I was thinking about.

Here is a link with some pictures of one.
?????RICOH GR 28mm/F2.8 ???L???? ??? @30864 / ??????????????????????????????

What I find interesting is that Sony Semiconductor announced that they had developed this kind if sensor years ago, but it was never commercialized. This makes me think the main roadblock is commercial, not technical. Can they really justify making a sensor for a Sony RX camera only, without other customers? You can eliminate most other camera makers, but Ricoh makes some sense as another customer.

My thought about a "GR" ILC with a curved sensor is a bit unconventional, but I think they could make a good little system for it. Imagine they had a small body with an APS-C or FF curved sensor. They also launched it with a 21mm, 28mm, 35mm and 50mm moderate aperture compact primes, all of which only extend 1-2cm from the front, and have an integrated lens cover (like the GR lens). I'm not sure if making an adapter for K-mount will optical correction is feasible, but that would be great too. There would be no roadmap. That would be it. This would be quite attractive and new to the market, but at the same time, quite consistent with Ricoh's philosophy and their user preferences.

I wonder how IBIS would work with a curved sensor? Presumably it would need to have the same curve in its movement as the sensor surface.

01-26-2021, 07:21 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I should have been more specific. Ricoh made two GR branded lenses for the old Leica L-Mount (not the current mirrorless mount) in 21mm and 28mm versions. That is what I was thinking about.

Here is a link with some pictures of one.
?????RICOH GR 28mm/F2.8 ???L???? ??? @30864 / ??????????????????????????????
Gotcha!
04-24-2021, 04:40 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Saw this thread title and immediately thought of Northrup or the Froknows guy, with the Saturday-matinee sensationalism of the all caps and exclamation points. Good to see there was a Northrup appearance. I wouldve been disappointed otherwise.