Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2021, 02:34 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Whatever else, it's good for photography if Nikon stay in the game, even if they're just keeping pace nor forging ahead - once all the ne tech is bedded in and has reached its sensible limits the older values of cameras (around user experience) should start to reassert themselves.

02-04-2021, 04:28 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
I do know one word though...Helsinki!
It is a good strat, as it is our capital city.

good word to begin would be Terve= hello

when you do get past that you can get to the word Terve, which is exact same word, but can mean also good bye. it can be many other things too, like it does mean word 'healty'.

then there is quite humouristic take on 2 words when you have been introduced to basics.

there is one stand up comedian(Finnish) who has done pretty good summary on the words 'no niin' have a look at that.

Ismo Leikola is the guy. I quaranteen perfect lecture and quite a bit humour.
02-04-2021, 04:36 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'm just tired of people saying that 'x' camera is a game changer because it has super high frame rates, higher end video, and fast electronic shutter operation. I don't care that there are cameras that do those things and eventually those sorts of things will trickle down to lower end cameras I can afford.

Honestly, I don't need those sorts of improvements and I don't think many others will either.
I agree entirely. Very few of the headline specs of new cameras are what I look for, especially when they're video-related. DSLR and mirrorless cameras are mostly taking the mickey nowadays with the amount of effort and cost that goes into the video specs rather than improving the photography experience or results. I appreciate that some people want a good camera for good video, but surely the vast majority of people who buy an interchangeable lens camera want a good stills camera first and foremost?
02-04-2021, 05:33 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I agree entirely. Very few of the headline specs of new cameras are what I look for, especially when they're video-related. DSLR and mirrorless cameras are mostly taking the mickey nowadays with the amount of effort and cost that goes into the video specs rather than improving the photography experience or results. I appreciate that some people want a good camera for good video, but surely the vast majority of people who buy an interchangeable lens camera want a good stills camera first and foremost?

For some it seem to be other way around. or atleast it does sound like that.

8 K

it is like... you know marketing. Some youtube experts do still say that it is nice feature to have. and like this guy in that video is basically saying that he struggle with 4 K a bit, let alone 8 K. You really do need beefy computer and if one would do more than that. then it could be that you simply cant use those nice features that are nice to be had in topshelf cameras.

you end up shooting 4 K or 1080 and you shoot prores 422 or even 420. Nothing in your video needs it to be higher, or should I say that they should instead use lower res for their video and concentrate on the material.

But I do agree, it sould be atleast very capable of taking pictures too. Some are capable to take pictures and shoot video with same gear. I shoot video with separate camera and take stills with DSLR. some pull out frames from actual video.

it is interesting anyway where things are heading. So far MILC seem to be going to the direction on more technical approach rather than just mimic or do better what DSLR are doing. I have a friend who is shooting video commersially and profesionally and he has 'proper' video cameras but he has not upgraded them and shoots mostly with GH5s. He does love how small it is and how well it does work.

this small form video cameras, or hybrid have their place and this is why. but are they anymore 'gamechanger' how can that game anymore be changed.