Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-10-2021, 04:16 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
a future RP down the line.
It and a R replacement are imminent.R and RP have served their purpose.Both have sensors and processors out of the parts bin.

R 5/6 have come with newish processor(ok, its same as 1DX/3) and new sensors(R6 is from IDX/3).Its time to fill in the bottom 2 rungs and of course the Pro end.

An announcement recently was that Covid has delayed the production runs, an announcement sorta due late last month has been put off temporarily.

Seems to be a waiting game for the majority of companies.

---------- Post added 03-11-21 at 10:26 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LeeRunge Quote
Nikon weather sealing ftw
If the Z5 was available when I bought the RP,i could have been a ZED user(OK,ZEEEE)!

Just happened that a 35mm and the RP was U$ equivalent of 1125,then a few months of waiting a $650.. 24-240.Theres a thread,in a Canon section "over there" that advocates only needing these 2 lenses.I have a few adapters and some EF/S glass I was using on my Fujis so it was a similar logical step like you having F mount glass.

Both systems will prove to be very good, just a different label.

03-10-2021, 04:31 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
It and a R replacement are imminent.R and RP have served their purpose.Both have sensors and processors out of the parts bin.

R 5/6 have come with newish processor(ok, its same as 1DX/3) and new sensors(R6 is from IDX/3).Its time to fill in the bottom 2 rungs and of course the Pro end.

An announcement recently was that Covid has delayed the production runs, an announcement sorta due late last month has been put off temporarily.

Seems to be a waiting game for the majority of companies.

---------- Post added 03-11-21 at 10:26 AM ----------

If the Z5 was available when I bought the RP,i could have been a ZED user(OK,ZEEEE)!

Just happened that a 35mm and the RP was U$ equivalent of 1125,then a few months of waiting a $650.. 24-240.Theres a thread,in a Canon section "over there" that advocates only needing these 2 lenses.I have a few adapters and some EF/S glass I was using on my Fujis so it was a similar logical step like you having F mount glass.

Both systems will prove to be very good, just a different label.
No I'm happy that they're competing and I don't want either going under, it means better gear for us.