Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2021, 02:37 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Fitting a 50S sensor into a 100S body (with image stabilization) at a slightly lower price than the 100S would be smart competitive move: blocking most existing MF competition completely and taking some share of the FF mirrorless market. Hasselblad OUT, Pentax OUT.

---------- Post added 17-03-21 at 18:27 ----------
Fuji are already attracting plenty of people stepping up from the smaller sensors OR over to the lighter weight/more compact bodies.Adding IBIS to the 50mp sensor may sound like a good idea but the sensor is dated,uncapable of 4K which is a standard(even a Pentax will soon have it!)and dead slow frame rate..Reviewers will slam it IF its real.Normally FujiRumours is very accurate in their information, however if you look at the Sony sensors that are available to other camera makers the 50mp ISNT.Past history has shown that Fuji just use the standard Sensors,no customs.

So if the rumour comes true,Fuji either have a huge inventory of the sensor or its a custom?

The non Ibis 50S/50R are being discounted by 33% of release prices to clear them,I'll remain sceptical.

03-17-2021, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Internet users who claim that the 50Mp sensor is EOL have just made this up that this 50Mp MF sensor can't be produced anymore. They know nothing and have no evidence that the 50Mp MF sensor can't be produced for further years. It is one of these very sticky idea (online), as the other idea that one can cut a MF sensor and get a FF or apsc sensor from it, also a sticky but completely wrong idea being repeated on the web by some individuals.
Products?Image Sensor?Consumer Camera?products?Sony Semiconductor Solutions Group

Sony doesn't list the 50mp medium format sensor in their consumer camera product list. I believe a couple years ago is when they said they would stop making it.
03-17-2021, 04:17 PM - 1 Like   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Everyone who just dropped 6 K for 100s is not happy.
Cannot speak for all but most of us are 😉😂
03-17-2021, 05:00 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TonyW Quote
Cannot speak for all but most of us are
The only "negative" Ive read is the fact a charger isn't in the box.@ U$D 6K,you would think having your spare battery charging while you were shooting, may have entered the marketers minds.

03-17-2021, 11:10 PM   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So Angry Ken! medium format for under 3000 U$D!

Ken Wheeler has jumped on YT to publicise a 50Smk2,and wait for it...the lowest price new of a MF body yet.

He doesn't know!

I don't either but I'll be sceptical because its a step backwards.imo.

However,its not impossible.

Price aside, a body using the 100S shell with the 50S sensor and includes IBIS and PixelShift.

Perhaps the Quadcore processor will speed it up above 3fps?AFAIK the sensor is only capable of 1080 video, Fuji risk the scrutiny of reviewers(like DPwho)marking it down to sub 80%.

So I'm wondering?...whats the motivation, will Fuji use the parts bin and sell bodies at cost?Gambling on selling the glass to make money?

With many FF lenses covering 33x44 and plenty of AF adapters, the pricey glass isn't necessary for plenty who use GFX.

03-18-2021, 03:44 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
The only "negative" Ive read is the fact a charger isn't in the box.@ U$D 6K,you would think having your spare battery charging while you were shooting, may have entered the marketers minds.
Yes a ridiculous ommission in my opinion. Not only that, I have some concerns over the safety of going directly through the cameras internal electronics (what if etc). In reality probably groundless fears after all most of these cameras have a means of AC connection instead of using batteries - ohh, that concerns me as well

Anyway, it seems that Fuji (UK at least) has seen the light, although temporarily. For a short period they are including a battery charger a spare battery and an added trade in value for selected cameras
03-18-2021, 04:47 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote

Ken Wheeler has jumped on YT to publicise a 50Smk2,and wait for it...the lowest price new of a MF body yet.

He doesn't know!

I don't either but I'll be sceptical because its a step backwards.imo.

However,its not impossible.

Price aside, a body using the 100S shell with the 50S sensor and includes IBIS and PixelShift.

Perhaps the Quadcore processor will speed it up above 3fps?AFAIK the sensor is only capable of 1080 video, Fuji risk the scrutiny of reviewers(like DPwho)marking it down to sub 80%.

So I'm wondering?...whats the motivation, will Fuji use the parts bin and sell bodies at cost?Gambling on selling the glass to make money?

With many FF lenses covering 33x44 and plenty of AF adapters, the pricey glass isn't necessary for plenty who use GFX.

https://youtu.be/blzKU843Rzg
I guess , but if one needs to buy a viewfinder ......
03-20-2021, 03:50 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Sony doesn't list the 50mp medium format sensor in their consumer camera product list. I believe a couple years ago is when they said they would stop making it.
There are a LOTs of semiconductor chips that are being produced, sold and, never even listed in a public catalog. A lot! Sometimes we would need to breach an NDA to prove internet wrong, and even that wouldn't be enough. Once some fake information propagates on internet it is almost impossible to stop it.

---------- Post added 20-03-21 at 11:56 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
I believe a couple years ago is when they said they would stop making it.
Who is "they"? Was there a press release from Sony saying the 50Mp CMOS MF sensor wouldn't be delivered to Ricoh and Fuji?