Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2021, 03:57 PM   #1

Time-lapse using Android and a Canon.2000D

Hello

I have been looking at a time lapse mount called a MTP-20 made by someone called Movo.

They claim it is programmable when I cannot see how. I have installed Time Lapse pro which also does not indicate in any way how, or whether it can program the mount. Movo state the mount is programmable and I know what that means. I expect to be able to use prepared instructions that can control the mount like tracking the moon, planets or even the sun for example.

There does not even seem a way to string presets so that I can simply leave the mount and spend the evening sweeping Swansea bay.

Considering the price I paid this a disappointment. Unless I am wrong and I am missing something. If I am would someone help me out.

Andrew

04-02-2021, 06:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Usually contacting the seller/manufacturer is the best way to resolve problems:

support@movophoto.com
04-02-2021, 07:25 PM   #3

Original Poster
Is it worth getting a refund in favour of a Skywatcher Star Adventurer Astro Imaging Mount, or can anyone offer advice in favour of the MTP-20? After all what kind of photography can I achieve?

I have never done time lapse stuff before or anything that the mount is designed for.

I have installed an APP called Time-lapse 2. It is great for controlling the camera but it does not recognise the MTP-20.

I have already written an application that can control a SkyWatcher mount in Delphi using GOTO, it's just an idea.

Andrew

04-03-2021, 02:26 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
On their website it states clearly that it is programmable using the on-board controls. There is no option for external control via apps or any other means. It is not a star tracking mount like the Skywatcher, those are much more expensive.
What kind of photography are you trying to achieve?

04-03-2021, 03:35 PM   #5

Original Poster
Well step shot photography. I have got an app that can control the camera which is brilliant.

The mount is configured by the controls as you say but they don't make sense. There is no sidereal or lunar speeds. It is supposed to be Programmable.

Would you point me to an ebook that explains specific details behind time lapse and single shot photography.

I would be grateful.

Andrew

04-03-2021, 09:49 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by muscipula Quote
The mount is configured by the controls as you say but they don't make sense. There is no sidereal or lunar speeds. It is supposed to be Programmable.
It is simply a turntable that allows you to program the degrees of rotation and the time to accomplish the arc. If you felt you paid for something more, the maker or the dealer would be your best resource. It was unclear from your post whether you have purchased or were considering purchase.

Google: "how to do time-lapse astrophotography"

Steve
04-04-2021, 12:39 AM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks, I will

Andrew