Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2021, 10:40 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Never used a Fuji but I would think if you turned a dial you would see the settings change in the EVF and of course you will see the exposure change immediately.

04-17-2021, 11:03 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
Never used a Fuji but I would think if you turned a dial you would see the settings change in the EVF and of course you will see the exposure change immediately.
The original comment was about ergonomics of the KP.
Personally, I find it much more convenient to flick an e-dial with a finger than to turn a knob {which requires that I grab it between two fingers, which is awkward to do at eye-level}.
That is all I meant to say - I don't see anything is gained by discussing this further.
04-17-2021, 11:07 AM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Apparently Canon has an impressive sensor in this beast
"Canon’s first full-frame, back-illuminated stacked CMOS image sensor in the EOS R3 will deliver
substantially faster read-out speeds, and produce much lower "rolling shutter" distortion than previous EOS models."
Canon U.S.A., Inc. | EOS R3
My boss at work likes Canon and is pretty excited about this camera, so I read about it. I'm kind of shocked that this is Canon's first back-side illuminated (BSI) sensor. They're harder to make, but offer significant noise reduction. Sony, Nikon, Fuji, and even cell phones have been using these for years. And the stacked sensor thing was the core feature of the A9, four years ago. It makes the mechanical shutter almost irrelevant except in a few special situations. Impressive for sure, but Canon is really playing catch-up here.
04-19-2021, 01:23 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Capitalism. Joke. I just can't afford it really.

04-19-2021, 02:41 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
My boss at work likes Canon and is pretty excited about this camera, so I read about it. I'm kind of shocked that this is Canon's first back-side illuminated (BSI) sensor. They're harder to make, but offer significant noise reduction. Sony, Nikon, Fuji, and even cell phones have been using these for years. And the stacked sensor thing was the core feature of the A9, four years ago. It makes the mechanical shutter almost irrelevant except in a few special situations. Impressive for sure, but Canon is really playing catch-up here.
Canon is who they are. Sony makes the sensors that most other brands (including Pentax) are using. Canon makes their own.

For ages, Canon was content to release sensors that had lower dynamic range at low iso and didn't perform as well on DXO Mark's scoring system and they still were the number one SLR seller. My guess is that they are going to gradually eat into Sony's market share and will do it by releasing cameras, not just gadgets that take photos.
04-19-2021, 06:37 AM   #21
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
It makes the mechanical shutter almost irrelevant except in a few special situations. Impressive for sure, but Canon is really playing catch-up here.
They are solving problems I didn't know I had!
04-19-2021, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Canon is who they are. Sony makes the sensors that most other brands (including Pentax) are using. Canon makes their own.

For ages, Canon was content to release sensors that had lower dynamic range at low iso and didn't perform as well on DXO Mark's scoring system and they still were the number one SLR seller. My guess is that they are going to gradually eat into Sony's market share and will do it by releasing cameras, not just gadgets that take photos.
I still think that despite all of the Canon this or Canon sensors that, there's very little one couldn't accomplish with a Canon DSLR and some L glass. And personally the only issue I have with their ergonomics is the ridiculous wheel instead of regular e-dial (and even then that's by virtue of using my left eye, so it really gets in the way).

04-19-2021, 08:24 AM   #23
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
and even then that's by virtue of using my left eye
but why?
04-19-2021, 08:27 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by FozzFoster Quote
but why?
It means that my nose falls next to the [expletive] wheel and I am constantly scratching my nose whenever I change the aperture . It happened with at least the 5D mk1 and the 6D mk1.
04-19-2021, 08:29 AM   #25
Custom User Title
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
It means that my nose falls next to the [expletive] wheel and I am constantly scratching my nose whenever I change the aperture . It happened with at least the 5D mk1 and the 6D mk1.
lol I see now! - don't know why I couldn't understand but I get it now :P