Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2021, 01:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Holga Film Camera- a step out of time

As I can't locate a thread for Holga shooters- now I don't just mean the lenses on a Pentax body; I'm talking the wonderfully unpredictable plastic and tape special medium format creatives tool.

I was fortunate to be lent a 120s and a roll of film; I decided to experiment through trial and guess work over a variety of scenes through a month, having no idea what was to come.

Unlike almost any other photography I've done since getting into this wonderful pursuit.

If there are others on the forum with shots taken with a Holga (or Diana) lets share them here. I know I'll be looking to add one in the near future.

07-20-2021, 01:27 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There's a 1960s vintage Diana in my collection, but I'll admit I've never used it.

The roll of Sear film expired in 1969.
07-20-2021, 01:29 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
If it will let me upload my images I'll post my attempts to get the thread going- first time I've experienced this issue.

That looks a gem! If you do get round to using it, it would be great to see the results
07-20-2021, 01:41 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Typically any Holga/Diana type posts have been posted in the various film threads (eg BW or color). And there has been posts with these types of cameras in the past. It's not a very common camera post here on Pentax Forums so I guess that's why no thread is dedicated to it because it wouldn't be a very active thread.

I have a Holga 120N I've played around with. I even used a R72 filter and IR film with it once. Having a good understanding and experience with the Sunny 16 Rule helps a lot.

07-20-2021, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
There's a 1960s vintage Diana in my collection, but I'll admit I've never used it.

The roll of Sear film expired in 1969.
Looks just like mine - sans film. I owned one when I was 5. It is how I got into photography in the first place. The one I have now is not the same. The one I have now is new old stock. I’ve never used it.
07-21-2021, 02:20 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Until I get this issue with uploading through the attachments as usual, here's a link for anyone wanting to see some Holga fun: Panorama | Holga 120 | coffeebaronhall | Flickr
07-21-2021, 04:33 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CedrusMacro Quote
Until I get this issue with uploading through the attachments as usual, here's a link for anyone wanting to see some Holga fun: Panorama | Holga 120 | coffeebaronhall | Flickr
Why don't you just cut/paste the Flickr BB Code link to the image they provide (which is formatted per their terms of service) just for this purpose instead?

07-21-2021, 05:01 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I can send you some sandpaper if you want to "adjust" the lens, and some electrical tape for the light leaks.

Chris
07-21-2021, 10:16 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@tuco On mobile Flickr doesn’t provide the BBCODE. Maybe he’s using his phone to post at the moment? I get around that by using PhotoExplorer on my phone when I want to post BBCODE from Flickr here.

For example:
Macro Ringflash Test by -vanya_42nd-
07-22-2021, 01:00 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Why don't you just cut/paste the Flickr BB Code link to the image they provide (which is formatted per their terms of service) just for this purpose instead?
New to trying this sharing method out tuco I did a cut and paste of the share code from the Flickr page which I expected was the standard way?

Got a reply from the admins about the file uploads and think it's solved...so here's a couple of Holga shots the usual way!
Attached Images

07-22-2021, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #11
Pentaxian

... I did a cut and paste of the share code from the Flickr page which I expected was the standard way?
!
You posted a link to where the image can be found. But Filckr also gives you an option to share the image. Share->BBcode->select size in dropdown box which has a formatted link to the image including the terms of service link back to Flickr will appear which then can be copied. When pasted here, the image will be seen in your post.
07-22-2021, 11:27 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
You posted a link to where the image can be found. But Filckr also gives you an option to share the image. Share->BBcode->select size in dropdown box which has a formatted link to the image including the terms of service link back to Flickr will appear which then can be copied. When pasted here, the image will be seen in your post.
Ta tuco , I'll give that a try next time I need to link.
07-22-2021, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ta tuco , I'll give that a try next time I need to link.
Also as I posted the BBCODE share link does not appear on the mobile Flickr pages in their app or on a browser. Use a tool like PhotoExplorer if you need that ability.
07-22-2021, 12:49 PM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Also as I posted the BBCODE share link does not appear on the mobile Flickr pages in their app or on a browser. Use a tool like PhotoExplorer if you need that ability.
Thanks UncleVanya, I rarely post from mobile but that's good to know- I only started to use Flickr this last 12 months, and really it's mostly as an online spare storage.
07-23-2021, 01:58 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A couple more from the Holga experiments
Attached Images