Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-02-2021, 04:13 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Picked up some vintage lenses

Hello everyone! I recently picked up some vintage lenses on my trip. Some of them I can't find any information on. I can't even find exact matches for some of them on Ebay. One of them I can't find at all. If anyone has any information about them please do share. I'm curious as to why the Voigtlanders are built slightly different. One says made in West Germany and the other says Germany. These two are the heaviest lenses in this collection very solid builds.

I'm also curious about the Isco Gottingen Westanar 50mm F/2.8 Why do both lenses look drastically different in build and size? One is a M42 mount which is the larger lens while the smaller one is a Exakta mount.

Here's a list of thr lenses I purchased.

Steinheli Munchen E Cassarit F/2.8 45mm

E. Ludwig Red V Meritar F2.9 50mm Germany

Isco Gottingen Westanar F/2.8 50mm M42 Germany

Isco Gottingen Westanar F/2.8 50mm EXA Germany

Voigtlander color skopar x 50mm f/2.8 West Germany

Voigtlander color skopar x 50mm f/2.8 Germany.

I only paid $5.00 for each lens, minus the two Voigtlanders. I was charged $20.00 a piece. I still think I made out pretty good. Love the look, compactness, and build quality of these little lenses.

Photos below.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G970U  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G970U  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G970U  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G970U  Photo 
08-02-2021, 05:29 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Prince Harbinger Quote
Hello everyone! I recently picked up some vintage lenses on my trip. Some of them I can't find any information on. I can't even find exact matches for some of them on Ebay. One of them I can't find at all. If anyone has any information about them please do share. I'm curious as to why the Voigtlanders are built slightly different. One says made in West Germany and the other says Germany. These two are the heaviest lenses in this collection very solid builds.
"West Germany" is a term that was used between the end of World War 2 and German Reunification {Oct 3, 1990} to denote the part of Germany which had Bonn as its capital, compared to "East Germany" denoting the part of the country which had "East Berlin" as its capital and was run as part of the "Communist bloc". So the lens labeled "West Germany" - at least the tooling to make this lens - was manufactured during that period, while the other one was manufactured before/after that period.
08-02-2021, 05:44 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Check the lens review section, at least two of these are in there
08-07-2021, 10:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Are you going to be using those lenses on film bodies?