Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2009, 09:05 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Now you're just trying to insult me.

I mean really, people post short comments in threads all the time, but since you obviously don't like me, when I do it I'm trolling. Sorry for trying to add humor to the thread.

07-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #92
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
It's Adam's thread.
Actually, it's his thread, it's Adam's site. Adam won't close this thread unless someone breaks the rules, If OP wants it closed, he just has to say the word.
07-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #93
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Now you're just trying to insult me.

I mean really, people post short comments in threads all the time, but since you obviously don't like me, when I do it I'm trolling. Sorry for trying to add humor to the thread.

I'm sorry to say this but people just aren't interested in a lot of your comments, they just find them annoying. That's why you get accused of trolling.

Now it's time for a slice of 'mighty fine apple pie'.
07-06-2009, 11:13 AM   #94
Veteran Member

Well that's just too bad, because they have to listen to them anyways.

07-06-2009, 04:10 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by vmax84 Quote
Thanks for the PM. Also, I like what you did with the photos.

I enjoy the camera stuff a lot, but right now, it's hard for me to stay focused on it (kinda like how this thread has gone........all over the place!!) since I have a lot of things going on with my personal life, and just working on staying employed is a full time job. I love being a pilot and flying for a living, but with all the cutbacks (as many sectors of the work force) it's just fatiguing staying employed and I find my mind always drifting back to the work thing.

But I do appreciate the help with my cameras and photo tips. But looking out the window and maybe even daydreaming a little is hard not to do.

vmax84

I think that you'll like what I did to your plane photo as well

Even shooting in JPG the K100D captures more information than you can see.... that is unless you know how to enhance it.
If I was working with a RAW file I could blow these results away
07-06-2009, 04:31 PM   #96
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I shot the flying pic with a really cheap Olympus 4 megapixel camera about 4 years ago or so. In the right conditions, it will give a half way decent shot and is very easy to carry with me. I don't carry it anymore (wife has it in her camera bag), but I always liked the little booger. Sometimes lugging around the full size camera is a chore.

I do apoligige for bouncing all over with my questions. One thing leads to another and pretty soon I can't even remember my initial thought. :-)

Like I said, I have a lot of "baggage" in my life, and photography is a nice escape for me...........it should be for you, too. I have lots to learn and enjoy the process and journey of getting the "best shot."

Anyway, enough of that. I like what you did with the flying pic as well. I need to crack open the software and experiment in RAW (I haven't ventured that far away from the tree trunk yet!!), but the software and RAW I can clearly see opens up an entire new dimension.

I need to get some sleep.........driving thru Chicago and sitting in the 1995 Corolla for 5.5 hours beats the tar out of me and I'm ready to hit the hay after enduring the punishement.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

vmax84
07-06-2009, 04:37 PM   #97
Igilligan

I know I am late to the dance

And I really could never do the Loco-motion all that well.

But I just stumbled on this thread after a long walk.

Can we for a moment go back to the Canon Kit shot vs the K100d kit shot. On about page 3

Am I the only one that would have chosen the Canon over the Pentax? Everything about the canon shot is better... Exposure, Bokeh, and color. The Pentax is too hot, too saturated in the reds, and the bokeh is ugly.
The only thing that could possibly be considered better is a one bump difference in sharpening and that is a matter of taste.

Maybe what the OP should be doing is giving his wife the Pentax and keeping the Canon for himself...

07-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #98
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
And I really could never do the Loco-motion all that well.

But I just stumbled on this thread after a long walk.

Can we for a moment go back to the Canon Kit shot vs the K100d kit shot. On about page 3

Am I the only one that would have chosen the Canon over the Pentax? Everything about the canon shot is better... Exposure, Bokeh, and color. The Pentax is too hot, too saturated in the reds, and the bokeh is ugly.
The only thing that could possibly be considered better is a one bump difference in sharpening and that is a matter of taste.

Maybe what the OP should be doing is giving his wife the Pentax and keeping the Canon for himself...
Now that I think about it, I do have the saturation, contrast, etc., bumped up one notch on my Pentax. Maybe I should set everything back to "neutral." My wifes camera is set "middle of the road."

vmax84
07-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Original Poster
What's "bokeh."

vmax84
07-06-2009, 04:49 PM   #100
Damn Brit

I just want to say that in a 4th of July weekend filled with drama and antagonism on this forum; "This thread was a ray of sunshine".
NOW I'M GOING FOR ANOTHER WALK!
07-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #101
Damn Brit

What's "bokeh."

vmax84
It's a kind of dance where you spin so fast that the background becomes a beautiful blur.
Kind of like a Whirling Dervish but without the knives.
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #102
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
It's a kind of dance where you spin so fast that the background becomes a beautiful blur.
Kind of like a Whirling Dervish but without the knives.

There, now I can get some sleep after my questions was answered.

2:30am comes really early..........

Thanks again.

vmax84
07-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #103
jem

What's "bokeh."

vmax84
Here is a start: bokeh
07-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #104
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Why the big secret? I know why, because this is the script for a fricking David Lynch movie, that's why.

As I've been in this weirdness from the beginning, might as well stick around, I hope nobody else needs to go for a walk.

This is where the midget starts talking backwards.
This is the best thread I've read today completely hilarious... The owls are not what they seem .
07-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #105
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
This is the best thread I've read today completely hilarious... The owls are not what they seem .
This isn't going to turn into a Bohemian Grove conversation is it?
Who Rules America: Social Cohesion & the Bohemian Grove