Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2009, 08:04 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Elwood, ever notice how in those magazines, they all talk about and recommend all this new, expensive digital gear, and then a lot of the "pro" shots in the articles are taken with medium-format film or digital gear or outdated "pro" digital bodies?

Advertising money determines a LOT of the content you see.

For the record, just from the "photograph of the month" feature in popular photography, which I used to have years of back-issues from, I've seen Minolta p+s's, Olympus DSLRs, and I'm pretty sure I remember a shot with one of the *ist cameras. It's not surprising that the majority are Canon and Nikon, since they have the majority of sales, and most of the folks who buy into the whole "read pop photo buy gear to take photos sumbit to pop photo" culture probably buy the most advertised cameras in the magazine... as in, Canon and Nikon.