Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2009, 12:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reaching Out To A Nikon User

Off brand camera talk, eh? You mean like this instance that happened to me recently?:

My wife and I were visiting the historic Williamsburg site, walking around the grounds and buildings of this colonial community when I happened to look down and see a viewfinder eyecup on the ground. I looked on the back to see the word Nikon so it was of no value to me but I began to immediately look for Nikon users walking by. I stopped the first one I came to, asked him if he lost this and gave him the eyecup.
He said it was not his but I left him anyway with the burden of either helping to find it's rightful owner or giving him a spare. In reality I knew my chances of coming across the right camera owner were very slim and a stop in the lost and found at the end of our day would most likely be just as fruitless for the viewfinder-less camera.

Probably not what you had in mind for this section, is it? I kinda just wanted to share that anyway, so...

And if that guy what lost his viewfinder in Williamsburg, Virginia this passed weekend is reading this, I gave it to that other guy. Sorry.

On that trip I did drive up to Washington D.C. and visited The Smithsonian's Air And Space. Here is one of the displays in the space exploration hangar.

Leicas, Canons, Nikon and Hasselblads of course but no Pentax. Yet.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 09-09-2009 at 12:34 PM.
09-10-2009, 05:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Maybe the eyecup was from Nikons in the Smithsonian?
09-10-2009, 12:58 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I ran into a canon eyepiece in the sidewalk, and left a message on the sidewalk (weighted down with a rock) and the windshield of the cars next where I found it. Never heard back anything... which is good because I broke the thing when trying to slot it into my ME Super...
09-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have an Olympus 58mm pinch type lens cap from a couple of weeks ago. I never saw the Oly person around.