Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2009, 08:41 PM   #1

Tamron to Canon body adapter

I have a fantastic Tamron adaptall-2 SP 300mm tele lens (model 60B) that I use on my Pentax K20D with a PKA adapter.

I want to use this lens with Canon 1Ds or 5DII or 30D bodies that my wife and I have. Is there any particular adapter available? I tried Cirrus adapter from ebay and it did not work.

The lens link : Tamron SP Adaptall-2 300mm F/2.8 LD-IF Model 60B

09-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Tamron made one adaptall 2 mount for the EOS called the EOS-M. It is rather rare, but I have one. There are chinese knock-offs with varying quality. There is no glass in mine so image quality isn't effected.

Here is my EOS 10s film body sporting a Tamron 90mm f2.5 SP macro (52B) with EOS-M mount.

09-10-2009, 07:31 AM   #3

Original Poster
Blue,

I am so jealous and I am turning green

I am trying to find an original Tamron to EOS adapter, but these are rare. I tried good quality ebay adapters i.e. the built quality is fine. However, there is no electrical contact between the body and adapter + lens. So I always get Error 001. Does your adapter has the electrical contacts like the lenses? I do not know whether I can put a piece of aluminium foil between the adapter and the body to make the body believe that there are electrical contacts.
09-10-2009, 07:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The EOS-M has no electrical contacts either. They only made these for a short while and apparently never got around to coming up with one equivalent to the pka version. I looked at the possibility of adding a chip kit for the AF confirm and it was feasible, I just never did it. Keep in mind I've only used this on film bodies. I never got around to getting a Canon digital. I opted to go the K200d and K20d route when I went digital.

I have an Canon Bellows with the bellows macro lenses and an FD 50mm macro that I also use on the 10s body via the Canon EOS-FD macro adapter which also lacks optical glass. the 50mm looses infinity but it doesn't matter on the bellows anyway. I have been trying to talk myself into selling my Canon set up. I actually like the simplicity of the Macro flash that goes with the EF 50mm macro lens I have. That's the only Canon lenses I have. Other lenses I use on it are the Tamron adaptal lenses.