Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
emr

AF possible with K mount lens on a µ4/3 body?

I'd love to have small high quality camera body that could use my Pentax lenses. Now there are and will soon be very exciting models like Panasonic GF-1. Using an adapter like Novoflex attaching a K mount lens to such a µ4/3 body should be no problem. They even mention the ability to use aperture ring, but no mention is made on AF so I assume it's not possible. Is there a technical reason for no AF or does it depend on something else (price, electricity use, licensing cost...)?

Now where is that "GF-1" to use Pentax limited pancakes with with AF?

09-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, technically someone *could* make an adapter with a focus motor in it (it would be thick enough) but you could expect it to be fairly expensive, and probably the AF would be slow... MF with the current M4/3 cameras is actually pretty quick and accurate, thanks to the magnified focusing area. Arguably easier than split-prism SLR focusing.