Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2009, 07:08 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
One interesting thing though; with it effectively being manual focus, how will the shutter lag be? Is there any reason for there to be any at all?
No, seemingly not -- and that's the exact reason that I'm selling my old crappy Nikon Coolpix to buy this new crappy quasi-Yashica instead. I'm so tired of snail paced compact digital camera autofocus. Going to use this with the viewfinder and the LCD turned off and just take some god damn pictures.

10-13-2009, 07:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Erik Quote
No, seemingly not -- and that's the exact reason that I'm selling my old crappy Nikon Coolpix to buy this new crappy quasi-Yashica instead. I'm so tired of snail paced compact digital camera autofocus. Going to use this with the viewfinder and the LCD turned off and just take some god damn pictures.
That's my feeling too.

You order yours from Japan Exposures, or is there some place in Sweden that's going to import them?

Speaking of which, since I'm moving there in March/April, what are good online stores for photo gear (especially film/chemicals) in Sweden these days? My Sinar F1 and RB67 are being shipped over there so will need some MF and LF supplies.
10-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

That's my feeling too.

You order yours from Japan Exposures, or is there some place in Sweden that's going to import them?
Haven't ordered yet, but am getting it from Japan Exposures since the exchange rate is looking good and shipping is cheap.

Speaking of which, since I'm moving there in March/April, what are good online stores for photo gear (especially film/chemicals) in Sweden these days? My Sinar F1 and RB67 are being shipped over there so will need some MF and LF supplies.
cyberphoto.se (best place for cameras and lenses and so forth, but not a lot of analog stuff)
scandinavianphoto.se (the "pro" place, more or less. Usually a little more expensive than Cyberphoto)
photax.se (for the hobbyist/enthusiast, 90% analog photo gear, has obscure stuff like Chinese TLR cameras etc. and all the film, chemicals & paper you'll ever need)
10-13-2009, 11:06 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Looking forward to this. If I see the sample pictures look good without much pp I'll probably get one! It's the same price as a Blackbird so I may get this one first

10-14-2009, 05:23 AM   #20
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It kind of reminds me of the Fuji 6x7 and 6x9 rangefinders.

10-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have found some possibly interesting things to look at, read:

storpotaten: Speculation on the F521 "digital Holga"

10-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #22
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
Hey, it's a screw mount!
How did you come to that conclusion?

10-16-2009, 06:45 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
How did you come to that conclusion?
I think he was being punny... the lens mount looks like it's screwed onto the camera.
10-16-2009, 07:39 AM   #24
Site Supporter

I think he was being punny... the lens mount looks like it's screwed onto the camera.
That's it. Lithos needs tied to the whipping post and given 40 lashes with a wet noodle. It had the gears spinning when I thought it may actually have a removable lens.
10-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Found another page with pics from the F924 model, looks like it suffers quite a bit from "rolling shutter syndrome". Fun stuff. Looks like it has potential for "bad in a good way" results.
10-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Sample pics doesnt look quite as good as harinezumi yet... oh well
10-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Sample pics doesnt look quite as good as harinezumi yet... oh well
We'll see how the "real thing" turns out -- as soon as mine gets here I will post some shots.
10-17-2009, 07:38 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Yeah, I still have hopes since I prefer the look of this than the harinezumi
10-19-2009, 10:51 PM   #29
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Lithos needs tied to the whipping post and given 40 lashes with a wet noodle.
Ooo, someone's been reading my Adult Match Maker page!

This camera's a good sign. Sure, it is, essentially, crap, but the idea's got potential.

I hope sensor design stagnates. Really, I do. Why? Because then maybe we can stop focusing on our cams are going to be out of date in two years and working on other stuff. Like manufacturing excellent sensors much more cheaply. Transistors and ICs were freaking expensive when they first came out. Few manufacturers could afford to make radios with transistors when they were starting out, and now every man and his factory staffed by intelligent dogs is crankin' 'em out. Tell people ten years ago that in 2009 you could fit an entire Nintendo 64 on single chip, and they'd laugh.

Well, not stagnate entirely, but to flatten out and relax. And then maybe some cheaper manufacturers - like this guy cranking out these Yashis - can have a crack at the market. Filled what could be called the high-end low-end: cameras that sacrifice the sundry bells and whistles for things like a decent lens (which I imagine is cheaper to produce than something like an LCD live-view system, AF and zooms.) Save money by not making fancy programmed modes, and stick with ASM. OVF's still cheaper than EVF. If it's a fixed prime lens, you're just masturbating by sticking an EVF in their.

Of course, labeling the poor thing a digital Holga might be killing it in the womb.
10-22-2009, 10:08 PM   #30
Inactive Account

Im pre-ordering this one. Being a big fan of lomo this would be a new era in lomo. I like the leica like style... I think it would be great for the streets... i just hope its not full auto exposure.