Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
PC-Nikkor 35mm f3.5

Hello everyone I am somewhat new to this forum but have been a visitor for a while. While I shoot mainly Pentax digital I was recently given some old Nikon gear. It got me out shooting film again. I have been shooting some film with a Nikkormat and the the PC-Nikkor 35mm f3.5 lens. I like the combo but I knew little about the lens. I did a bit of research and found that the model was the first ever PC lens for an SLR.
I am wondering how much this lens is worth to see whether I should not really be using it and try to pick up an old non-AIS 50 f1.4 or not.
As there are not many out there I do not have a good feel for its value. Anybody have any ideas?

10-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Check out KEH.com and ebay

You may also be able to mount it - somewhat OK, with the 'top' of the lens pointing to the side, on a Pentax K
10-09-2009, 12:36 PM   #3
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Check out KEH.com and ebay

You may also be able to mount it - somewhat OK, with the 'top' of the lens pointing to the side, on a Pentax K

this sounds interesting. id like to get my hands on one of these.
10-10-2009, 09:07 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks guys, I finally found a few on ebay. I have a few adapters that would let me go from F to screw to K although I am sure I would likely lose infinite focus. I think I will continue to use it when shooting with the Nikkormat or F that I have but that would be it.
Thanks Again
Dan

10-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This interested me a bit and I read up on what I could find on the lens. Seems like the ones using it on digital are often displeased with the image quality. Supposedly the 35/2.8 does better.
10-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
this sounds interesting. id like to get my hands on one of these.
This ad has been off and on for probably two months now. For APS-C sensor, 28mm is probably better than 35mm.

PC-Nikkor 28mm F/3.5
10-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by SOldBear Quote
This ad has been off and on for probably two months now. For APS-C sensor, 28mm is probably better than 35mm.

PC-Nikkor 28mm F/3.5
except the 28 is even more expensive than the 35.