Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2009, 07:03 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Your canoe is in the mail. My 25 year old Metz 60 is more accurate than my K20 and af540FTZ flash thingie. I haven't tried it with the K-7 yet, so I can't make comment.
Hopefully it is better.
I don't know what Metz does, but my Metz-58 on Auto seems to perform better than Canon's E-TTL II mode.

Maybe simpler is better?

10-26-2009, 10:12 AM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
dear guys, no offence, but every time somebody speaks obout unrelibility pttl, im getting strong impression that he doesn't know what he's talking about: listen to this: something change, sometimes does work, results are lousy, seems to be sensitive to very slight changes etc. I can at least to count couple factors which has impact on so called exposure wih pttl, and ev compensation doesn't resolves the probem if you don't know when to apply it (i never know), i cannot agree to conclusion: pttl isn't reliable i think it's very reliable but unfortunately it does have strange callibration, different, less intuitive than canikon maybe but it does work reliable as a rock. It's strange that nobody from Pentax Corp didn't explain how it works, there are some suggestion in the manual but not enough. Everything is about the scene with contrasty objects and with the objects which has different (extremaly) degree of lightning, linking af and ae, i would think...

Last edited by filorp; 10-26-2009 at 01:37 PM.