Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-01-2010, 02:58 AM   #46
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pingflood Quote
I don't want to hear any crying from you guys, I have to lug a 1-series Canon around
D700 + MB-D10 beats your 1Ds in size! Although, the 1Ds is better to handle.

01-10-2010, 01:05 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Compared to a K7 the D700 is "bloated" for sure especially with either the 2 new pro lenses on it.

Still I found the d700 a dream to hold & use and due to this somehow didn't notice the bloat.

The 24-70 2.8 is an exceptional lens as well.
01-10-2010, 08:43 PM   #48
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
Compared to a K7 the D700 is "bloated" for sure especially with either the 2 new pro lenses on it.

Still I found the d700 a dream to hold & use and due to this somehow didn't notice the bloat.

The 24-70 2.8 is an exceptional lens as well.
Having switched to D300s i'd say that it's a dream to work with, but it's damn huge to haul around... In that regard any Pentax body just owns both Nikon and Canon high-end bodies doggy-style... That's the reason why I wanted to go back... but all pros of D300s (super-duper fast AF, over 1200 shots on a single battery charge, awesome flash work, availability, etc) and all cons of Pentax (slow-a$$ AF, SDM lenses falling apart, virtually no used market) considered... call me a traitor, but I'm sticking with Nik....
01-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #49
Veteran Member

In another thread my wish was to have the performance of a D300s /7D in the size of a K7/K20D and the lenses to match.

I feel that my K10D is just the right combination of size/weight especially as I do a lot of mountaineering with my gear.

Dyls

01-13-2010, 06:21 AM   #50
Veteran Member

The interesting thing about this thread is

The interesting thing about this thread is Richard M bought that Pentax K-x in orange after foolishly buying a Nikon dslr that was not compatible with his old Ai glass. His family actually thought it was a toy camera when he first showed it off due to being orange colored. After using it less than a month he found some things bothered him about the Orange K-x & he sold it.

He seems to be back to chit~chatting about Nikon Gear he still owns but from a pentax owner perspective. He retained his K10D, so one can assume for him the old K10D is superior to new K-x ?

Member profile: Richard Murdey: Digital Photography Review

Which is all perfectly fine thesedays as more people own more than one brand of gear. But as this thread title suggests he did not actually "Jump from Nikon to..."

Last edited by Samsungian; 01-13-2010 at 06:32 AM.