Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It isn't a Pentax, but I got another film camera today.

I was at a thrift store earlier today, and I found a Minolta Dynax 505si, with the 18 - 80mm kit lens.
Although it wasn't really what I was looking for I decided it was still worth a look.
The first thing that I noticed is it looks like new, even coming with the owners manual.
Then I noticed just how light it is, plus it has all the features I normally use.
So I decided that it might be the perfect camera for some of my hikes.
The best part is, I only paid $15.00, So I really don't care if I break it
Oh, it even comes with 20 exposures left on the film. I wonder what the first 4 shots are. I'll probably fire it off, and develop it tomorrow, while at the lab

The one thing I really don't like about this camera is the hotshoe. If I decide to use it with any of my flash systems I'll have to buy an adapter. While at the office today I took a look at them, and the stores cost would be more than what I paid for the camera
So I don't think that I'll be using it for low light situations.

There's a good chance I'll be taking a hike this Saturday. So I'm hoping that I'll have a chance to test it out with a roll of Ektar. (I know, the film is better than the camera)
If I get some decent pic's I'll post them

01-07-2010, 04:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Looks like a fine camera to me, though I have a hunch the kit lens will not be very good. It's probably a 28-80

My PZ-10 arrived today. Guhh, what a stupid purchase I'll test if it works and try to unload it on a Finnish auction site.
01-07-2010, 05:03 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Hey, is a PZ-10 the same as a ZX-10? If so it's not a terribly bad camera, I mean light weight, simple to use, accurate meter, bla bla. A good one to toss around.

That Minolta looks cute; it's wise to hedge with Sony But seems like a good one for the use you intend.

ps. actually I rarely use the ZX10 any more, the mode switch is unable to perform currently; though I am thinking of using the body in 'panorama' mode as a glorified p&s.

Last edited by Nesster; 01-07-2010 at 05:11 AM.
01-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Yeah, it's the same camera. It feels built well enough, but it does nothing my ZX-7 doesn't do and it's uglier. Also, it takes a battery I don't have.

01-07-2010, 08:07 AM   #5
Veteran Member

LOL yes. I'd sell mine but it isn't fully functioning.

Mine has one thing the ZX-L doesn't: that 90's silly panorama mode.
01-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #6

lol, have fun using that camera, I have myself a silly Minolta 3000i from my father, fully automatic but still fun!