Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hey, Lumix LX3 people. :)

My Nikonian friend (Stephen Colbert sidehug, point and grin ) just got an LX3, and is casting about for some suggestions on a nice case for it.

(I guess belt-cases with a lanyard are the preferred idea, but I think un-thought-of-suggestions might be welcome. I'm guessing it should be reasonably-protective without being too bulky, he's got a pretty active job and likes to carry his small cameras around when he's about it. Something like hard leather or like police-belt-gear consistency might be a neat idea. )

Anyone found anything neat?

(Edit: now he's interested in the everready style after all. Possibly the Lumix-made one. Deals on those could be good. )

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-08-2010 at 09:42 PM.
01-10-2010, 12:14 PM   #2

Thanks for posting this here for me, RML, but it seems the locals are suspicious of my Nikonian ways and don't wish to share their LX3 case secrets.
01-10-2010, 12:27 PM   #3

I've got the Lumix made, quick access case where the top folds over the front. Looks really retro and is very protective. While I like the look and functionality, the case is pretty bulky & pricey. I lucked out, my neighbor had an lx3 that got ran over so he gave me the case (which had the camera in it when it got totalled, the case survived). I was considering getting a cheap ebay faux leather belt case for it like the police style you describe, that way when you bust out the camera, it still looks like a p&s. One thing with the case I have is it provides a larger grip, but also hinders access to rear buttons on the outter edge.
01-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #4
Forum Member

I had the Lumix case 'thrown in' as part of the deal when I bought my LX3(it costs about $30 i guess?). While it is undeniably retro-chic, I don't like that you have to unscrew the bottom part to get at the battery and SD card, there should be some sort of door in the leather as well. Other than that it's pretty schnazzy.