Pentaxian

Please help me identify this mount

Unknown mount

Is this what we call C mount?

Thanks,

02-10-2010, 07:31 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If all 3 photos are of the same lenses I would guess the one at the top is off of an old medium format folder and the other two might be off of a TLR or something along those lines. I may be wrong but the size, focal length and speed suggests older medium format (4.5x4.5, 6x6, 6x9, etc) lenses to me.
02-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
If all 3 photos are of the same lenses I would guess the one at the top is off of an old medium format folder and the other two might be off of a TLR or something along those lines. I may be wrong but the size, focal length and speed suggests older medium format (4.5x4.5, 6x6, 6x9, etc) lenses to me.
Thanks! The quality of those images are so bad and the owner has no idea about photography so it's really hard to tell from the pictures.
02-11-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ducdao Quote
Thanks! The quality of those images are so bad and the owner has no idea about photography so it's really hard to tell from the pictures.
Yeah, you want to ask them if they survived the earthquake.

You can read enough of the names on the lenses to search those. That often leads to better images with details you're looking for.

02-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

one, possibly 2 are enlarging lenses.

there are almost an infinite number of thread sizes for these, for the different enlarger lens plates.

the last one is a lens from something like a speed graphic, with an iris shutter internal to the lens.

it will be something like an M37 thread but just a guess.
02-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
These are all barrell mounted lenses. The Cooke looks nice (but whether its useful is another question) and the Anastigmat (top) could be a standard lens for a folder as Steinback wrote. I don't think, its got a shutter, the scale and indicator look more like the aperture dial, but its really hard to recognize anything.

The Taylor Cooke copuld be a lens for 6x9cms, but it could also be a cine lens. The thirs lens is a mystery, as I cannot read enough info.

All in all, I would only buy these for a very(!) low price.

Ben
02-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

if you have a bellows and are mechanically inclined you could mount one on a bellows.

just look at this thread
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/90010-look-out...-gun-here.html

02-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
Yep, something like that. Looks like a lens-shutter from something like that, and the optics from others, or perhaps they even fit the same one: it could be why they're together. They likely *can* be used for enlarging lenses, fit up right, probably not of immense interest just for your Pentax, (but I do have an arrangement of such a lens-shutter on an old screwmount bellows. Which in this case represents like the bellows on a 4x5 or bigger press camera. (Talk about crop factor. )
02-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I just bought the whole set for $7+SH! Will soon find out what they are

I'll probably won't be able to mount any of those on my K10D but worse comes to worst for roughly $14 I'll get 3 door stoppers to play with.