Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #46
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Nice cameras out there everywhere lol..Ive been the proud owner of both my isTds and also a K10D for some time now and for what i do at present i am happy with both..
BUT!! i also happened to have a play with the new Canon 7D attatched to the kit 18-200 f3.5-5.6 lens in thelocal Hardly Normans store and to be truthfull i was blown away with its speed of focus as wellas sharpnes.
Main reason for the play around with this new camera was to test it out for my daughter who is stuck on purchasing a Canon(mainly 5D11).
Next was a play around with a NikonD700 as well as the Canon 5D11 in the Rcoky Store and for the price differecne of these two later cameras compared to the 7D even though they are different critters designed to serve different purposes as well as full frame my interst still swayed back to the 7D when the daughter asked "Whatcha reckon dad???"..
At present i am not quite reay financillay for another camera Body due to previouse purchases in Glass,Flash etc but closer to retirement and a long Service Leave abroad i hope to be perusing what new bodies there are out there for me!!!$$$$allowing offcourse.
But yes as the post sezits certainly a nice camera with intersting quallity also.

04-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #47

That's a great pic

love the detail
QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
This was a most helpful link, for me.

キヤノン「EOS 7D」実写画像&ライバルとの画質比較 - デジカメWatch

Since Pentax has kinda disappeared off the market (much to my distress) over here, I have been looking at Nikon/Canon, for a new system (going forward) aps-c & FF very seriously.

The page also has some "out of cam 7D jpegs" with a range of Canon glass, to put through ones own work flow.

All the glass used on this site is generally 2/3 the price of Nikon/Pentax equivalents.

Too be quite honest, after putting the pics on offer through very basic auto workflow, I was quite astounded by what I was getting IQ wise with the pics taken at Iso's 1600 & 3200.

At ISO 3200 - (Unfortunately Flickr compressed the pic to 1024) - I just used auto contrast & sharpening (looks a tad over sharpened) & Noiseware free @ lowest setting

Head Crop

I'm pretty certain these would make very good A4 as they are and with better pp A3.

My workflow with the files was literally cut in half (compared to K10D) i.e. all I had to do was a slight contrast adjustment & sharpen and the pic was damn near perfect.

The cropping that can be achieved, even at high iso is quite remarkable.

Native 7D jpeg at 3200 looks like my K10D at 640iso.

This exercise also broke my "bubble" about the Pentax lenses being superior in every way to anything else.

The 7D is quite something.
11-27-2010, 03:33 PM - 1 Like   #48
Veteran Member

Looks great. The 7D is wonderful but I don't recall anyone saying that all Pentax lenses are better than anything else. Here is my K200D and DA18-250mm at ISO800. Nothing fancy here but it did pretty well given the distance away.

Last edited by john5100; 11-27-2010 at 04:49 PM.