Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ProPhoto "Autofocus Torture Test"

Interesting finding from a simple test - taking pictures of someone running towards the camera.

Autofocus Torture Test Updated (Canon 1D MKIV & Nikon D3S added) | Pro Photo Home

Some interesting comments as well, esp. those suggesting additional tests and/or different settings. The low values of some of the vaunted Canikon models is a little surprising. I wonder how the various Pentax bodies would fare in this type of test? Anyone willing to try? I will say that I've had a heck of a time trying to track motorcycles coming at me with the K20d. They are traveling faster of course, but my in-focus rate was likely lower than the values listed here.

03-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Interesting finding from a simple test - taking pictures of someone running towards the camera.
I did this too. Read about it here:
-> Falk Lumo: K-7 and its continuous autofocus -- PART II
03-12-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Falk, that's just what I was looking for. I struggled mightily with the K20d and motorcycles. Looks like I'll have more luck if I upgrade to the K7, which I may do once they provide full manual control of video, but that's another story...