Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2010, 11:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

When are we supposed to be able to buy Polaroid film again?

I heard about all the Impossible Project stuff and something about 600 film being in stores again but that's about all that I've heard. I want to get some more 600 film for my Polaroid Pronto! I only was able to use two packs of it before they stopped selling the film.

04-08-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It sounds like some will be available any day now, for about $22.00.
Here's the link your after.

If I wasn't moving this would sure tempt me, I'd love to get my exceptionally clean 440 land camera going.
04-08-2010, 01:12 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I hope it will go on sale! I see that they're currently out of stock too. I was under the understanding though that they would be selling it in stores again.
04-08-2010, 02:31 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Right, so we've got the film back in production... now, is anyone going to make new cameras to use it?

04-08-2010, 03:12 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensScribe Quote
Right, so we've got the film back in production... now, is anyone going to make new cameras to use it?
Have you looked around on their website? I noticed that they're making a few new 600 models that don't actually look too bad. Amusingly enough, Lady GaGa's latest video Telephone has one of them in it.
04-08-2010, 03:40 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
Have you looked around on their website? I noticed that they're making a few new 600 models that don't actually look too bad. Amusingly enough, Lady GaGa's latest video Telephone has one of them in it.
I have now... hadn't been on the site for ages - things had been moving so slowly I figured that once things were up and running the new would reach me somehow. Great, as if I didn't have enough trouble on my hands with my Oly Trip and Pen buying obsession they had to go and bring polaroid back...
04-08-2010, 03:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have now... hadn't been on the site for ages - things had been moving so slowly I figured that once things were up and running the new would reach me somehow. Great, as if I didn't have enough trouble on my hands with my Oly Trip and Pen buying obsession they had to go and bring polaroid back...
You have a digital PEN? I have a forum you might be interested in: E-P1.net - A Micro Four Thirds Community

04-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jct us101 Quote
You have a digital PEN? I have a forum you might be interested in: E-P1.net - A Micro Four Thirds Community
Nope, not a digital sadly... been hunting for a film one... there was one at said garage sale (that we mentioned in the other thread) recently, but it was too battered and the selenium cell was cracked. He reckons he'll have another one on the next sale... it's duly diarised. Will have a look at the forum anyway Thanks for the link
04-08-2010, 09:09 AM   #9
Veteran Member

jct us101,
This guy has a point, Polaroid may actually be moving slower than Sigma when it comes to production............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Nope, I thought about it, and Sigma still wins at being the slowest moving camera company

LensScribe,
If you want a Polaroid why not just check out the local thrift stores before people realize you can get film again.
I've bought 3, and never paid more than $10.00, 2 of them look like new and the third one just needs a good cleaning.
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
LensScribe,
If you want a Polaroid why not just check out the local thrift stores before people realize you can get film again.
I've bought 3, and never paid more than $10.00, 2 of them look like new and the third one just needs a good cleaning.
I'll do just that One has to turn up eventually...
04-08-2010, 12:36 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
jct us101,
This guy has a point, Polaroid may actually be moving slower than Sigma when it comes to production............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Nope, I thought about it, and Sigma still wins at being the slowest moving camera company

LensScribe,
I hadn't thought of that. I could probably pick up a bunch more Polaroid cameras. I already have two (a Polaroid 100 and a Polaroid Pronto!) but I bet that most people think that they're entirely worthless now.