Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #886

QuoteOriginally posted by ddhytz Quote
Who is this bad guy !?
Great shot!
+1
I would get rid of the light behind him, though.

09-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #887
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Michelek Quote
I would get rid of the light behind him, though.
Tried to remove that light spot, doesn't see much difference. The bad thing I've lost original version since that
09-23-2012, 07:20 AM   #888
Veteran Member

misc. flowers

Random flower shots form both Riverfront and Manito parks, with a few from the Gaiser Conservatory greenhouse thrown in for good measure.

More shots on my blog.

09-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #889
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bimjo Quote
Random flower shots form both Riverfront and Manito parks, with a few from the Gaiser Conservatory greenhouse thrown in for good measure.

More shots on my blog.

More from the kit? Very nice.

09-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #890
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Very nice indeed - regardless of the lens. I love my NEX-5 and my NEX-5n. Also love my V1, XZ-1 and Q too.
09-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #891
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
More from the kit? Very nice.
QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
Very nice indeed - regardless of the lens. I love my NEX-5 and my NEX-5n. Also love my V1, XZ-1 and Q too.
Thank you both, and yes, these were with the kit lens. Ad no tripod even.
09-23-2012, 01:45 PM - 1 Like   #892
Veteran Member

Some Milky Way shots over the weekend:

Milky Way over Loch Tulla | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Galactic Core (portrait) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Stargazing Live | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Managed to catch the Northern Lights from central Scotland:

Aurora over Linlithgow | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

09-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #893
Veteran Member

Awesome shots Big G.
09-23-2012, 11:45 PM - 1 Like   #894
Veteran Member

Nice flowers, bimjo
Some well done astrography, Big G!

09-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #895

Wow, what great shots. bimjo the 2nd and 3rd are my favorite but they're all very nice. Big G, great astral photography. Emacs I'm absolutely jealous of this portrait. The lighting the composition, the colors, the expression--I really like it. I see a lot of shallow DOF portraits--and I really like that look--but here you've created great subject separation and 3D pop with a relatively large DOF. How did you get the lighting on her face was it a purposeful reflector or did you something environmental?
09-24-2012, 09:18 AM   #896
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Nice flowers, bimjo
Some well done astrography, Big G!
Thanks Emacs. I really like your timing on this one. Clicked the shutter just as his head was exploding! Amazing! LOL

All kidding aside, that's a great portrait shot, nicely done.

QuoteOriginally posted by joelR Quote
Wow, what great shots. bimjo the 2nd and 3rd are my favorite but they're all very nice. Big G, great astral photography. Emacs I'm absolutely jealous of this portrait. The lighting the composition, the colors, the expression--I really like it. I see a lot of shallow DOF portraits--and I really like that look--but here you've created great subject separation and 3D pop with a relatively large DOF. How did you get the lighting on her face was it a purposeful reflector or did you something environmental?
Thanks Joel, I'm pretty pleased with how they came out, considering the harsh lighting.

And I agree with your comments on Emacs portrait shot as well.
09-24-2012, 12:18 PM   #897
Veteran Member

How did you get the lighting on her face was it a purposeful reflector or did you something environmental?
Reflector + slightly increased face brightness and change its temperature (it was too warm) during PP.
09-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #898
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Summicron 90mm at the Floriade. Many of these photos were taken at f4-f5.6, hence should be within the capabilities of even kit zooms.

09-25-2012, 04:29 AM   #899

QuoteOriginally posted by Emacs Quote
Reflector + slightly increased face brightness and change its temperature (it was too warm) during PP.
Thanks! I've been on the fence about getting a set of portable reflectors you've inspired me to try out some sunset portraits.

Christine: great flower shots, 4 & 6 are probably my favorite. The isolation of that one opening but in 6 is expressive. Is it just me or does the Sony sensor seem to over saturate the reds in the third image? I've felt that way about a few of my shots and I'm just curious if its something other's have noticed or if its my own neuroses.
09-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #900
Veteran Member

Really nice shots Christine.

Thanks! I've been on the fence about getting a set of portable reflectors you've inspired me to try out some sunset portraits.

Christine: great flower shots, 4 & 6 are probably my favorite. The isolation of that one opening but in 6 is expressive. Is it just me or does the Sony sensor seem to over saturate the reds in the third image? I've felt that way about a few of my shots and I'm just curious if its something other's have noticed or if its my own neuroses.
Not your imagination, I've had to lower both luminance and saturation of reds/oranges/yellows quite frequently. Not really a problem, just adds a step to post precessing.