01-18-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice shot of the ducks.

This is from my E-P1 and Zuiko 17/2.8
01-18-2012, 06:47 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Good to see a dedicated thread to photos with these systems!

I see great range of subjects, colors, fov and varieties of lenses, very pleased to see all this in one thread, thank you all for sharing and look forward to having this thread continued!

My E-P1 arrived today, and you know, how sometimes something just feels right the moment you get your hands on? Well, this little camera just feel right to me, right out of the box. I like the ergonomics, I like the size, and I do like the controls very much.

Not really interested in digging deep into the menu for the time being, rather just basic camera controls, and all the simple aspects (aperture, ISO, WB, focus selection and such) are right there - love it. No gimmicky options to control the exposure (which I may add, after very short time with it is very accurate imo)...

So no thrills here, just few quick jpegs. All f2.8, all at ISO 1000 (late and dark) with no post noise reduction

Grainy setting B&W...

The rest are Pinhole setting

Looking forward to taking it out to see some daylight!

Regards,
D
01-18-2012, 08:40 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gtxtom Quote
I've been thinking of getting the fotodiox adapter with aperture control, but haven't yet. That shot sure makes me want it, though ... I want to try my fisheye on my GF2!
Give it a shot.. It's not too much money for the amount of fun you could have with your K mount glass. It's difficult to seriously shoot with the adapter because you can't really control your aperture easily and accurately. I was trying to shoot a long exposure shot and really had to juggle the ISO, manual focus and aperture on my E-P2 and it was just all so clunky compared to doing it on my Pentax DSLRs (rear dial controls aperture, front dial + button controls ISO, autofocus capability). For simple shooting where there's not so much need to get a specific exposure it's easy though.

01-19-2012, 01:54 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Pictures with e-p3 in the Dom Museum, Firenze.
1 and 2 from Michelangelo's Piëta
3 and form Donatello's Maria from Egypt
5 random

Last edited by PentaxMom Felua; 02-12-2012 at 02:34 AM.
01-19-2012, 06:01 AM - 4 Likes   #21
Pentaxian

Here's a few random shots with my Pentax SMC glass on the GH2 with a Fotodiox adapter

- SMC-M 50/f1.4

- SMC-K 24/f2.8

- SMC-K 50/f1.2

- SMC-K 135/f2.5

...and the K50/f1.2 mounted on my friends EPL2

01-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #22
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PentaxMom Felua Quote
Pictures with e-p3 in the Dom Museum, Firenze.
1 and 2 from Michelangelo's Piëta
3 and form Donatello's Maria from Egypt
5 random
#3 looks like scanned film. Nice.

01-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nickthetasmaniac Quote
Here's a few random shots with my Pentax SMC glass on the GH2 with a Fotodiox adapter

- SMC-M 50/f1.4
Nice work!
01-20-2012, 01:34 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
#3 looks like scanned film. Nice.
Thanks. Loved to print on thick carton paper, a long time ago.
I started m43 out with panasonic, very good indeed, but swapped it for olympus. The fun in olympus is, at least for me, its playfullness. Jpegs are so good, it really doesn't need a lot. I love grainy bw, monochrome b&w. I love the art filters and above all I love the feel the camera gives me. I am never serious with it, I bring it along and sway it around like as if it is a magic wand and always there are those easy fun pictures. It is easy to use as long as the light isn't too demanding, but he, even then great things happen. The pen's have been a revelation to me and though my k5 shows more quality (translucency, detail), the pen is more fun. And I love the crop factor. With the stupid long kit lens it is all I ever wanted for tele work at its easiest. It has pretty decent quality and it weighs next to nothing. But then, I guess you guys are all much more demanding on your equipment. Meanwhile I am very happy with the happiness my pen's bring me.
01-22-2012, 04:44 PM   #25
Veteran Member

On the Road with Micro Four-Thirds

Main photo - GH2, 14-140mm F4.0-5.8. Small photos - GH2, 20mm F1.7

Just had my first story using Micro Four-Thirds gear published. Read the story here:
On the Barbeque Trail in Kansas, RoadRUNNER Jan/Feb '12

Read my gear notes here:
What Blog is this?: On the Road with Micro Four-Thirds
01-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #26
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Just had my first story using Micro Four-Thirds gear published.
Congratulations! Are all images shot with MFT? The lens shown in the reflection on page 56 looks more like an SLR lens.
01-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Laurentiu Cristofor Quote
Congratulations! Are all images shot with MFT? The lens shown in the reflection on page 56 looks more like an SLR lens.
Thanks. That's the Panasonic 14-140 in the reflection. Check out my gear notes in my blog - What Blog is this?: On the Road with Micro Four-Thirds
01-22-2012, 10:05 PM   #28
Veteran Member

A few from today.

Last edited by Swift1; 04-06-2014 at 11:51 AM.
01-27-2012, 06:39 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
With my new E-PL1 walk around, from 57th St., NYC as the sky cleared on the way to Grand Central:
Attached Images

02-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #30
Veteran Member

I am thinking about getting the new Olympus camera when it comes out (weather-sealing and small size, sign me up). If I do not end up going this route, I will probably end up getting da limited lenses for my k200d (already have the da40).

I am wondering if anybody can provide a qualitative comparison between both high quality Pentax lenses and high quality micro 4/3 lenses (I am particularly interested in prime lenses). My dad has a 40" printer, so I do make large prints on occasion. Thus quality of lens and sensors (particularly at low ISO) is key.