Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8142 Likes Search this Thread
12-07-2021, 12:07 PM - 1 Like   #4141
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
Any recommendation for a lens that would equal a 50mm in FF is welcome as well.
Panasonic 1.7 is said to have an unstable quality. There are better samples, there are worse. But even if this is not the case, this is in any case the worst twenty-five. Contrast, color rendition, sharpness across the entire field of the frame. It's getting worse. Remember, the miser pays twice)). I have a 25mm Olympus. Would like to buy a panaleica, but I'm afraid to get autofocus yaw in low light. On the other hand, if you consider that most amateur cameras suffer from shutter vibration, then you don't have to worry about the sharpness. If you develop in lightroom, you don't have to worry about the color and overall quality of the picture, nothing but noise ...)

12-07-2021, 12:46 PM   #4142
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Quote
I have a 25mm Olympus.
the 1.8 or 1.2?
12-07-2021, 01:05 PM   #4143
Pentaxian

the 1.8 or 1.2?
Oh, nine aperture blades ... Ideally, I would like both. But so far only 1.8).
The point is that if you want one lens for all occasions, then this is anything but a 25mm from Panasonic. But the panaleika is not perfect either. Therefore, I would like to have one compact, and another large, high-quality, no-compromise, maximally revealing the photosystem. I think so). By the way, there are also such YONGNUO YN25mm F1.7M, but I can not say anything about the quality, but there will certainly be irregularities with focusing.

Last edited by Ivan; 12-07-2021 at 01:37 PM.
12-07-2021, 03:13 PM   #4144
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ivan Quote
Panasonic 1.7 is said to have an unstable quality. There are better samples, there are worse. But even if this is not the case, this is in any case the worst twenty-five. Contrast, color rendition, sharpness across the entire field of the frame. It's getting worse. Remember, the miser pays twice)). I have a 25mm Olympus. Would like to buy a panaleica, but I'm afraid to get autofocus yaw in low light. On the other hand, if you consider that most amateur cameras suffer from shutter vibration, then you don't have to worry about the sharpness. If you develop in lightroom, you don't have to worry about the color and overall quality of the picture, nothing but noise ...)
Very few M4/3 cameras have shutter shake problems anymore. Olympus has anti-shock 1st curtain shutter, Panasonic has redesigned their shutter with the electromagnetic mechanism from the GX85 onwards which has zero noticeable shock in any of the tests that have been done. Older bodies from both manufacturers have definitely had problems, my EP1, GX1 and GF3 were subject to shock.

12-07-2021, 05:41 PM   #4145
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
Older bodies from both manufacturers have definitely had problems, my EP1, GX1 and GF3 were subject to shock.
Is the E-M1 on that list?
12-07-2021, 05:51 PM - 4 Likes   #4146
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With the Oly 100-400:

12-07-2021, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #4147
Pentaxian

I have the Pana 25/1.7. It's a consumer grade lens, nothing offensive but nothing exceptional either. That being said for video it's plenty sharp and autofocus is quiet and quick. Technical aspects aside, I enjoy using it and I've shot plenty of photos I'm happy with. If m43 was my only system (it could well be, but that's another discussion), I'd probably upgrade just because of LBA.

12-07-2021, 07:35 PM - 1 Like   #4148
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Minolta Rokkor-X 45mm 2 E-M1

I am really looking into the M.Zuiko 60/2.8 Macro now-a-days...
I like the Oly 25mm f1.8 enough that it stays on my em5ii most of the time as a "street" lens. (I live in a rural area)
12-07-2021, 07:36 PM   #4149
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
As well as the loose nut behind the viewfinder.
Present and counting his toes.
12-07-2021, 07:44 PM   #4150
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by blues_hawk Quote
Present and counting his toes.
I sometimes try to count my toes, but I need all my fingers to do it, so I always lose track of which little piggy I should count next.
12-07-2021, 08:23 PM   #4151
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
But do I really need the trivially better lens? OH, how I hate that question!
But you know you want it anyway.

That's salesmanship. Change it every few years to keep selling them, with arbitrary improvements.

Dang.. Now I want an oly 8-25mm for hiking.
12-07-2021, 08:35 PM   #4152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's one for the birds. I may have shared this already but it was one of those, "this is why I carry it" moments where I was working on my kid's car 4 hours from home(alternator) and this hawk visited, landed nearby, patiently waited around for me dive into my car, swap in the 75-300 and follow him across the parking lot. He even found lunch not 30ft from me in some tall grass but was so camouflaged that the photo wasn't the best.
Olympus Omd E-M5ii M.Zuiko 75-300mm
12-07-2021, 08:39 PM - 4 Likes   #4153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think this one is a bit better. The light is harsh because it was February low sun.
12-07-2021, 10:44 PM - 1 Like   #4154
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Is the E-M1 on that list?
Not that I know of. The GX8 is. There is a forward fix that uses electronic shutter for specific exposures to avoid the problem. It’s all automatically avoided if you want on the GX8.
12-08-2021, 02:53 PM - 2 Likes   #4155
Pentaxian

I hope the mechanical shutter vibration problem is solved. Since the electronic shutter cannot yet, at least completely replace it. The first curtain shutter only partially alleviates the problem. But we are not alone, the mirrorless sony and nikon have similar problems. I have not seen or heard anything about canon, but for sure there are problems there too.
As for the twenty-five millimeter fixes, I was quite harsh in my statements. I myself actively use kit lenses, and I think that you can get good results with them, but there are better lenses that are just a pleasure to deal with.
A few quick photos where you can see light sources at different aperture values, a bit small, but how did it happen. It is noticeable that up to 2.2 the circles are even and homogeneous. Then nuts and onion appear. On the other hand, this is not so bad, already at 5.6 you can get asterisks. in the last photo it is slightly visible if you enlarge the image.
I will make a more successful comparison a little later, frost has hit, and as an evil, there is a lot of work.

Last edited by Ivan; 12-08-2021 at 02:59 PM.