Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2012, 01:13 AM   #1

Cameras that can use the Mamiya/Sekor SX lenses?

Hello to all,
I wonder if anyone knows about the Mamiya/Sekor SX lenses and compatibility with other cameras than the Mamiya MSX/DSX ones?
The lenses has got the M42 screw mount.

The thing is I got a Mamiya DSX 1000 with the 55/1,8 and 135/2,8 lenses but the metering of the camera has broke, or it's still reacting to light but it's measuring all wrong. And since I love the quality of the lenses I'm heading out for a new body to attach them on.
Yes a new DSX 1000 would be just fine but since they're quite hard to find (at least here in Sweden and to a reasonable price on ebay) I'm looking for other options as well.
I know the M42 mount is a common mount but the Mamiya SX lenses seem to not work with all M42 mount cameras...
(I posted this thread in an other branch of the forums: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/welcomes-introductions/208206-pentax-spot...-m42-lens.html)

Would be glad if you guys could drop some names of cameras or/and some experiences and knowledge of the SX lenses on other bodys.

The back of the lenses looks just like this:
Mamiya/sekor 135mm 2.8 strange mount ?: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Connect

Thanks and regards!

Jonas

12-13-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you're looking for a film camera, Sears has re-branded versions of the DSX called the 1000MX. I nearly bought one once before I realized it wasn't what I was expecting. You can usually get one off eBay for about $50-$75, and usually with a lens since its not something easily sold if you break the camera and lens up,
12-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #3

Original Poster
Cool, I didn't know about the sears cameras but unfortunately they have bayonet mount so my m42 lenses wont fit.

But thanks anyway!