Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2014, 12:12 AM   #1
Pentaxian

tempted to stray x-e1 caught my eye

Had to run some errands today and stooped in my lcs and saw the fuji x-e1.....love at first sight...this is what the k01 should have looked like. I love that you run it like an old film with a shutter dial of top, dial for ev comp.....if I wasnt heavily invested into pentqx, would surely get this. Why cant pentax make a simple to use retro styled mirrorless wi4h full manual controls, a great sensor and decent glass. My main attration to it is its size, retro look and......its feel. like holding a work of art. ?..and the way it maqkes you shoot like a film camera...slow and deliberate.

I was pretty set on upgrading my k20 to a k5...but this is changing my mind....may be selling a whole bunch of lenses ia bit.

02-09-2014, 12:18 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Why not the X-T1? The EVF is supposed to be very good in that body, and it's got the retro features you like in the X-E1. In either case, why sell your Pentax glass, when you can use it via an adapter? I'd also suggest that you spend a bit more time with another body before deciding to change systems altogether, as it's a big commitment and the risk you ultimately may not like it is proportionately large.
02-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #3
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the X -pro tickled your toes, the X-T1 will probably tingle all the way up your leg! It offers more advanced features and is insanely handsome!
Better than the K3? Let's stay serious here....no way! But, if you want something different, exciting, and in a small and well crafted package, the X-T1 might be the best out there.

Regards!
02-11-2014, 05:57 AM   #4
Inactive Account

I'll probably be switching to a x-e2 and fuji lenses. they are everything what I like about pentax (good and small) and more (fast). i want the x-t1, but the value of their cameras drops very fast so ill just pick up a used x-e2 and get the x-t1 next year for a lot less