Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
09-22-2014, 08:51 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aegon Quote
For the mirror issue, see this:
Canon U.S.A. : Support & Drivers : Consumer & Home Office

If your mirror has the reinforcement shown in the excerpt then you should be fine. Also, it isn't a big problem unless you live in a humid area.

The 5DC is an amazing camera. Enjoy.
Thank you for the link! I checked and my 5D does have the reinforcement. A side note; being 'partial' to Pentax when I found my K100DS I really did fall head over heels for it and one of the things I noticed was its ability to render colors better than my D50 and it almost always nails the exposure where the D50 tends to underexpose. Not really a big deal once I figured out the 'trick' for different scenes but the K100 definitely has some sort of special voodoo. I've an affinity for Mamiya SLR's because a 1000DTL was my very first. I have several now but the first one I got was a 500TL bought with a K1000 (and of course my D50). The first roll I shot turned up some shutter and mirror issues which, when I developed it and saw how perfectly it exposed (like my K100DS) I paid well more to get it CLA'd. I have no idea why, its pretty much identical to my others but I can pick out the photos I shot with it because they just...look different, just like the K100DS. It's odd because I can get close with my D50 and it has the same sensor if I recall correctly.

---------- Post added 09-22-14 at 09:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by _quicksilver_ Quote
+1

The 5D is a great camera. The lcd is small and itīs old tech, but still it beats my K-5 in AF speed and accuracy I just got the 6D, but I still use the 5D for many things, for example portraits,because of the marvelous skin tones. Canon has some very nice and cheap primes.the build quality is not that great, but they are light weight,and have good iq check out: Ef 35 f2 (non IS), EF 50 1.8 and EF 85 1.8.
Funny you mention those lenses; the EF 50 1.8 was the very first thing I purchased after that 5D! I've an affinity for that, I've got a Nikon and Pentax in that same lens and by far it is my most used lens. I stumbled on to a Nikon 85 2.0 a while back and that's definitely a keeper! The almost identical 100 2.8 was ho-hum and went away with one of my 'extra' Nikons. Yeah, the above lenses are definitely on the 'list'!

09-24-2014, 04:51 AM   #17
Veteran Member

You're reminding me to claim my K100D back from my brother since he has the K20D now I have the same sentiments that you do with that little bugger. I dont miss the AA batteries though...

And congrats on the 5D! If I'm you I'll look into shaving it in order to use takumars