Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2014, 09:44 AM   #16
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by haycyn Quote
Just bought the x30. I got the all black. Now the stalking begins!
That was a quick decision! I don't see how you can go wrong, look at what Mr Bassie is doing with his! Don't forget our Toy Camera thread here, and post all you want in it!

Knowing that it is very similar in function to my X10/X20, it is of utmost importance that you read the manual and experiment with the many options the X30 will give you. I find something new all the time, and much of it is very useful for certain circumstances.

Happy shooting!

I fired off a letter to Fuji, telling them I had a hand in one more new Fuji being sold and maybe they would like to reward me? They sent a one sentence reply....

"When you learn to shoot, we will consider it."

Regards!

10-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Yea, I'm not one to mull on things although I should, certainly. I hate things being on my plate. I have second guessed bc of the price vs the x20 and the lens control error. Additionally, the Sony RX 100 lii is a very nice competitor. I stopped looking at it for two reasons- zoom is to eq of 70mm vs 114, and it is quite small. I would imagine for many like myself with arthritis that lack grip strength it would be dropped or at least nearly dropped frequently. I don't like the thought of dropping $800 bucks.

We leave in one month for a two month trip to the Everglades... I gotta get ready.

Now did Fuji really send you that? That is insane! Actual skill (that you possess) means quite nil in your obvious ability to sell a product. They should consider if you chose to promote Sony...
That really is aggravating!!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
That was a quick decision! I don't see how you can go wrong, look at what Mr Bassie is doing with his! Don't forget our Toy Camera thread here, and post all you want in it!

Knowing that it is very similar in function to my X10/X20, it is of utmost importance that you read the manual and experiment with the many options the X30 will give you. I find something new all the time, and much of it is very useful for certain circumstances.

Happy shooting!

I fired off a letter to Fuji, telling them I had a hand in one more new Fuji being sold and maybe they would like to reward me? They sent a one sentence reply....

"When you learn to shoot, we will consider it."

Regards!
10-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Now did Fuji really send you that?
No, not really! What they actually said was that I might consider some eye glasses or even better, forgetting about photography and taking up something like bowling!

Listen, you are so right about that extra range on the X30, it can make a huge difference at times and may be what keeps me from buying the LX100. The more range, the better!

Also, do not hesitate to take advantage of the 2X digital zoom when you really need a shot but need to be closer. It will deliver better results than you would expect...by far. Better than you can do with cropping and processing yourself.
Explore ALL the features, it will take a while, but it is for sure worth the effort!

...and did I mention, post in the Toy Camera thread, where ALL Toy Cameras get the respect they deserve!
We don't discriminate on brand or type, we just respect our Toy Cameras and use them often!

Regards!
10-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #19
Forum Member

Original Poster
I will def post. But let us all not expect the same art as is there. My goal is to storybook my children.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
No, not really! What they actually said was that I might consider some eye glasses or even better, forgetting about photography and taking up something like bowling!

Listen, you are so right about that extra range on the X30, it can make a huge difference at times and may be what keeps me from buying the LX100. The more range, the better!

Also, do not hesitate to take advantage of the 2X digital zoom when you really need a shot but need to be closer. It will deliver better results than you would expect...by far. Better than you can do with cropping and processing yourself.
Explore ALL the features, it will take a while, but it is for sure worth the effort!

...and did I mention, post in the Toy Camera thread, where ALL Toy Cameras get the respect they deserve!
We don't discriminate on brand or type, we just respect our Toy Cameras and use them often!

Regards!

10-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I will def post. But let us all not expect the same art as is there. My goal is to storybook my children.
The great thing about Toy Camera shooting.....you can document your life experiences and not always be striving for perfection or peeking at pixels when you should be out shooting! A good memory is captured when you look back on the photo and are grateful you shot it.

For example...I was there with my X10 when this little dolly discovered her toe...and I was glad I was!

Regards!

Last edited by Rupert; 10-22-2014 at 12:16 PM.
10-22-2014, 04:47 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Well you will love the 12 FPS the x30 gives you.
10-23-2014, 05:32 AM   #22
Veteran Member

A few more sample shots from the X30..... Fujifilm X30 sample photos | LetsGoDigital

These look really good, viewed at original size, maybe a little over sharpened? Colors are as usual for Fuji...superb! Unless you are a quivering FF pixel peeper, this camera could fulfill most all of anyone's shooting needs, and do it in a small compact and well built camera you can carry anywhere.....anytime.

Did I mention...it can most likely survive a bear attack too! There is proof of that for skeptics!
Regards!