Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2014, 12:54 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Seeking Advice RE: PK to NEX Adapter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Do you guys think this is a good purchase? It will let me use Pentax lenses with my NEX-7. Is there one that will allow AF too? I do not think this one will.

Pentax Da Lens to Sony E Mount Adapter Aperture Control NEX7 NEX6 NEX5R NEX5N | eBay

Thanks.

Dave

12-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There are no adapters for E-mount to K with AF, not even autoaperture. With the one you link you can atleast control the aperture manually on every K-mount lens.
12-04-2014, 07:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
There seem to be a lot of these offered, ranging anywhere from about $10 to $300. It is sometimes not obvious which ones control aperture and which do not, but clearly none offer any time of electronic connection between the camera and the lens.

The first version I received from Amazon fit neither the PK lens nor the A6000, so I'm still waiting for one upon which I can report. Few may have the spare change to pay for a selection of the expensive models, but it would be great someday if someone could do a comparison and review.

BTW, I wanted badly to like the K01 as much as the latest compact Sony E-mounts with built-in EVF, fast autofocus and wireless flash. That would solve all the converter issues.
12-05-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

What is wrong with this one: http://www.amazon.ca/Fotodiox-Adapter-Aperture-Control-E-Mount/dp/B005ORIS4Y...-skim0x5545-20 ?
It has the aperture control as well.

12-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #5
Pentaxian

MF is so easy on Sony mirrorless go for it. Be warned these adapters are so cheap...soon you may have multiple adapters. I started with Pentax k adapter now I have yashica, Konica hex,canon FD,canon eos,Nikon,m42,m42 helicoid,m42 tilt,OM system,minolta I can't resist when I see a lens that would cost 2x as much on Pentax. For example I just picked up a Tokina 80-200 2.8 yashica mount for $40cad at a camera show.(I didn't have the adapter but ordered one for $10)
I've only gotten one bad adapter..the mount was 90deg off axis..didn't effect image quality and the seller refunded and told me to keep the bad adapter.

Last edited by Sliver-Surfer; 12-05-2014 at 04:28 PM.