Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2016, 04:30 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K Mount lenses on Fuji x Mount?

Dear fellow Pentax Users!
Did anybody experience the adaption of Pentax k mount to fujifilm x Mount? There's an existing adapter by Novoflex at 169€. Does this work properly? Thanks for your thoughts!

09-12-2016, 05:05 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Franky2step was doing it. he goes by same handle on Flickr.
09-12-2016, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have used k mount on m43 and Samsung. I use Fotasy adapters. They seem well made and they are quite reasonably priced. Amazon has a DA TO Fuji X adapter for under $25.
09-12-2016, 07:01 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

I use a cheapo Kipon PK/DA-FX adapter that I purchased on eBay for CDN$25 . Works perfectly. It also has aperture adjustment ring in the event you use a PK lens without an aperture ring of it's own.

---------- Post added 09-12-16 at 10:01 AM ----------

FWIW, the FA31Ltd is a dream on Fuji X-T1

09-12-2016, 07:31 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I have used k mount on m43 and Samsung. I use Fotasy adapters. They seem well made and they are quite reasonably priced. Amazon has a DA TO Fuji X adapter for under $25.
Thanks guys! so it seems to be worth a try to trade a K3 for a XPRO 2? I love range finders and modern SLRs! - What do you think?
09-12-2016, 08:49 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uncle Pete Quote
Thanks guys! so it seems to be worth a try to trade a K3 for a XPRO 2? I love range finders and modern SLRs! - What do you think?
My experience with mirrorless is limited to a GX7 Panasonic and a Samsung NX 300. The use of DA style k mount lenses is possible, but frustrating. The focus rings on modern autofocus lenses are pretty sloppy and lack much feedback. The lack of an aperture ring means using an adapter with a stepless aperture ring where you have to guess your aperture or work it out from a test exposure. I found native lenses to be best shooting experience followed by manual focus lenses followed by K mount autofocus with aperture ring and finally those without an aperture ring.