Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 47 Likes Search this Thread
08-28-2018, 05:36 PM   #286
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Scintilla Quote
Pentax couldn't also be included, it's just that nobody thinks the demand is there.
1% of the market doesnt sway 3rd party lens makers either.

Yes, those adapters are good for AF,but with lenses with an apeture ring you can change manually...its not difficult to do!

08-29-2018, 06:58 AM - 1 Like   #287
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
For what reason?

Oly is probably the closest M/L to Pentax....5 axis stabilised,outstanding stills capability...not so good but adequate for casual video.
My dad's birthday is in march and my grandpa's birthday is in may. When I bought a camera for my dad (replacing his d80), my grandpa started playing around with it. One of the features that he really liked was the ability to use a touch screen to adjust the AF point while having his eye to the evf. He has pretty bad arthritis and tiny buttons make adjusting AF points difficult.

A friend of mine has the older omd em10 mk2 and let me play around with it for a bit. It has that feature but it was really counter-intuitive. On the Panasonic and the Fuji, you touch the screen and the AF point jumps to that spot. Whereas on the Oly you would use the touchscreen like a joy stick. You had to swipe at the touch screen to scroll the AF point up/down left/right.

Just in general I don't like the Oly. The evf was painfully laggy, AF was mediocre at best...and although this is completely irrelevant to my grandpa, I HATE focus by wire. I like the concept of the olympus but I really dislike the execution.

And again, my personal bias, but I like Fuji glass more than Olympus glass.

QuoteQuote:
That may be a longtime seeing its rated for 300k shots(one of the reasons i purchased one)[COLOR="Silver"]
I really hope you're right, but I'm kind of abusive to my k-1. I do a lot of landscape photography so it get dragged through all sorts of rough hiking...including up the side of a volcano. That was a fun trip.

The reason I hope for pentax go make a compact mirrorless is because I have absolute trust in the quality and durability of pentax gear. Nikon could probably do that but it doesn't have the features i want (like pixel shift). And I would be hesitant to trust sony to live up to that kind of abuse.
08-29-2018, 07:08 AM   #288
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by serothis Quote
My dad's birthday is in march and my grandpa's birthday is in may. When I bought a camera for my dad (replacing his d80), my grandpa started playing around with it. One of the features that he really liked was the ability to use a touch screen to adjust the AF point while having his eye to the evf. He has pretty bad arthritis and tiny buttons make adjusting AF points difficult.

A friend of mine has the older omd em10 mk2 and let me play around with it for a bit. It has that feature but it was really counter-intuitive. On the Panasonic and the Fuji, you touch the screen and the AF point jumps to that spot. Whereas on the Oly you would use the touchscreen like a joy stick. You had to swipe at the touch screen to scroll the AF point up/down left/right.

Just in general I don't like the Oly. The evf was painfully laggy, AF was mediocre at best...and although this is completely irrelevant to my grandpa, I HATE focus by wire. I like the concept of the olympus but I really dislike the execution.

And again, my personal bias, but I like Fuji glass more than Olympus glass.

I really hope you're right, but I'm kind of abusive to my k-1. I do a lot of landscape photography so it get dragged through all sorts of rough hiking...including up the side of a volcano. That was a fun trip.

The reason I hope for pentax go make a compact mirrorless is because I have absolute trust in the quality and durability of pentax gear. Nikon could probably do that but it doesn't have the features i want (like pixel shift). And I would be hesitant to trust sony to live up to that kind of abuse.
Sony's a gadget company, not a camera company. Sometimes you can easily see the difference.

I recently picked up an Olympus E-M5 II and I'm liking it a lot. Finally a camera as small as my old ME Super!