Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2018, 06:44 AM - 1 Like   #1

Nikon mirrorless teaser?

How do you think?

The following link is someone's discussion

Here you can see the lightened screenshot
????Nikon?????????????????????? - Mobile01

I think only Pentax, Fuji and Olympus camera designers have aesthetic sense

Last edited by ayersliao; 07-23-2018 at 06:57 AM.
07-23-2018, 06:48 AM   #2

If they go back to the design of the FM line, that wouldn't be a bad thing at all. I just can't make out from the screenshot if they have or not.
07-23-2018, 07:27 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The new generation of cameras and glass will be really really good. We only have to wait for systems to be complete in order to decide what will be the best choice for us. The Pentax K1 system is good, trapped in the middle of a transition however.
07-23-2018, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

I have a feeling that once Nikon & Canon go full force into the mirrorless market, a shift in the camera industry will begin to take place. It's not going to be like all Nikon & Canon DSLR owners will suddenly leave their DSLR equipment behind & move onto mirrorless, but many who haven't taken mirrorless cameras seriously or had no interest in one will probably start taking a look at the Nikon & Canon mirrorless bodies. All I can say is that mirrorless seems to be the future. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few years.

07-23-2018, 08:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by The Squirrel Mafia Quote
I have a feeling that once Nikon & Canon go full force into the mirrorless market, a shift in the camera industry will begin to take place. It's not going to be like all Nikon & Canon DSLR owners will suddenly leave their DSLR equipment behind & move onto mirrorless, but many who haven't taken mirrorless cameras seriously or had no interest in one will probably start taking a look at the Nikon & Canon mirrorless bodies. All I can say is that mirrorless seems to be the future. I guess we'll see what happens in the next few years.
Depend of price. We have to remember DSLR will be able to take great photo for a long time....
07-23-2018, 08:59 AM   #6
Pentaxian

I pulled on some stills from the video:

looks like it will be quite big but with a shorter flange focal distance than the Nikon F-mount. The mount itself also looks quite wide. We may expect some F1.2 and maybe aperture lenses from nikon?
07-23-2018, 09:38 AM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

When you're this late in the mirrorless game, there is no need to shroud your new product in top secret mystery and suspense. In fact the more they do that the more I feel it'll be a flop or just another also ran at best.

07-23-2018, 09:58 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The local discount department store with a camera department sent this teaser out to Facebook today.

A quick look at their website is indicative of the local market.

Canon: 24 listings. 15 ILC (Kits or body only. 1 EOS M).
Fuji: 7 listings. 4 ILC
Nikon: 21 listings. 17 ILC
Olympus: 2 listings. 1 ILC
Sony: 13 listings. 11 ILC (10 mirrorless, 2 SLT)

They have rentals, but Canon/Nikon only.

In my camera group there are only 3 people who don't use Canon/Nikon SLRs besides myself. Well, there are a couple who only use their cell phone or a bridge camera...

I can see them having it in stock and selling maybe 1 or 2.
07-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I was never happy with the Sony Alfa approach , and the Leica SL is definitely too expensive. Let's see what specs and ergonomics Nikon will come up with before rejecting the idea upfront. Could be a nice to have option.
07-23-2018, 11:12 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
When you're this late in the mirrorless game, there is no need to shroud your new product in top secret mystery and suspense. In fact the more they do that the more I feel it'll be a flop or just another also ran at best.
Nikon users are expecting an announcement at the end of this week. Either Nikon is "priming the pump" for that announcement, like Pentax did for the K-1ii, or they are putting something out there to "hold" Nikon users for a few extra days while Nikon deals with some last-minute details.
07-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #11

I still don't get why nikon and canon didn't came into mirroless industry after sone's succes, even panasonic made it
07-23-2018, 12:12 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by artouiros Quote
I still don't get why nikon and canon didn't came into mirroless industry after sone's succes, even panasonic made it
Because they didn't need to. Canon and Nikon still sell more cameras than all of the mirrorless market combined. They have been watching the market to see what works and what the market really needs. Sony/Panasonic/Fuji/Olympus are basically doing all the market research for Canon and Nikon. Mirrorless is mature enough now to be competitive with DSLRs and we are starting to see what features and benefits mirrorless can offer.
07-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #13
Pentaxian

a glimpse of its siZe

Its a lot more siZeable than $$$ony!

Its presumed that the lens is the new 24-70 ZZZed mount.
Attached Images

07-23-2018, 04:55 PM   #14
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Its a lot more siZeable than $$$ony!
The only reason I can think for it to be so large is "build quality" - Sony may do things that Nikon users would reject (*)

(*) from conversations I've witnessed, Nikon users have a lot of the same standards that Pentax users do, such as being dubious of modern materials.
07-24-2018, 01:33 AM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The image on the rear LCD is not FF aspect ratio - might be some interesting crops - or even native format - available