Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2018, 06:43 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Need advice on iPhone camera app with manual settings and panorama stitching app.

Hi.

I need a camera where I can lock (exposure, ISO, WB) values. I would like to have a simple way to lock (and tune them further if needed) automatic values. I am using ProCam 6 but not quite satisfied with it:
  1. Image quality with TIFF is lower than what the standard iPhone camera provides
  2. Going into full manual is bothersome – I need to manually tune all automated parameters to make them fixed (I probably missing something here though)

It turned out iPhone doesn't have an alternative to excellent Google Camera when it comes to panoramas (Android doesn't have it either LOL anymore – these pricks moved to swiping crap as well with Pixel 3). Guided mode Google Camera had is a perfect match for how I am using panoramas: link1 link2 link3 etc.

Unfortunatelly, I couldn't find any panorama stitching app for iPhone to overcome this – there were AutoStitch and Photosynth before, but they are removed from Apple Store after iOS 11. There is great Affinity Photo, but
  1. It is for iPad only
  2. It only supports one projection – it is really nice, yet I would love to see other projections as well
May be I am missing something and there's an alternative?

10-18-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
645Pro was my goto photo taking app on the iPhone but I don't know if it does panorama. It could be used to take the original shots and manually expose them however.
10-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I still use 645PRO, which does a pretty good job. As well as manual, it has shutter and ISO priority mode as well as full auto, which all have exposure compensation. Focussing is auto, or manual with focus peaking, and output format is TIFF, which is the maximum that my iPhone 6+ will manage.

No panorama mode though, although you can change aspect ratio to classic ratios like 645 and 6x7, as well as 16:9 and others.

There are a couple of apps in the App Store called photo stitch and photo stitcher; I haven’t tried them but they might be worth a look.