Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-12-2020, 05:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Lomography Konstruktor camera

Came across this neat build a camera kit.....

Lomography Konstruktor F Do-It-Yourself 35mm Film SLR HP150SLR

Seems it would be a good way to get kids into photography and teach them about it. Particularly suited for those lego lovers and model building kids. Probably could fit into boy scout projects too.

Reviews are good on amazon as well.

Anyone here try one yet? Im thinking of picking one up for my son.. at 16 he burns through architectural legos at a sitting and shoots one of my k20ds... seems like a good project for him.

AL

02-12-2020, 05:20 AM   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I think it would be great fun as a project... just don't expect much lasting appeal from the image quality. As a photographic tool, it's not really worth the money unless you and your boy like the "lomography" look. You could pick up a nice used SLR and lens for that kind of money. But as a project, I reckon it'd be a blast.

Here's the flickr pool: Flickr: The Lomography Konstruktor Pool

(Disclosure - so-called "lomography" was more-or-less my intro to photography... I really enjoyed shooting with weird and wonderful, basic, plastic-fantastic cameras )
02-12-2020, 05:31 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I think it would be great fun as a project... just don't expect much lasting appeal from the image quality. As a photographic tool, it's not really worth the money unless you and your boy like the "lomography" look. You could pick up a nice used SLR and lens for that kind of money. But as a project, I reckon it'd be a blast.

Here's the flickr pool: Flickr: The Lomography Konstruktor Pool

(Disclosure - so-called "lomography" was more-or-less my intro to photography... I really enjoyed shooting with weird and wonderful, basic, plastic-fantastic cameras )

Hey Mike, Thanks for the link on the pics... I agree on the image quality lol.. but Those pics are just the kind of thing my kid would like.. and the building aspect is a good carrot for him. Theres definitely no shortage of higher end cameras and lens in this house.. but I'd prefer he didn't take apart and try to rebuild them!

al

Last edited by brewmaster15; 02-12-2020 at 06:22 AM. Reason: missing text