Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2022, 06:01 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
AND here it is!

4500 USD that's put a smile on a few faces.A thousand less than the Z9.

01-19-2022, 06:13 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Yes, rumours say a lens or 2 maybe more.

With all the patents for RF lenses,I'd expect some with this announcement.

---------- Post added 01-19-22 at 09:36 AM ----------

What will be interesting is the PRICE.

Having the Z9 at 5500 U$,this could be the direct competitor in capability.Theres a fair gap from 3900 to 5500.Obviously the R5C will be a bit more than R5,how big the bit is will be
I awoke this morning with email from B&H offering it at $4499.
01-19-2022, 06:33 AM   #18
Pentaxian

4500 USD that's put a smile on a few faces.A thousand less than the Z9.

https://youtu.be/eCQ1cqxvur4

It is not really a competitor for Z9(only), but it is really aggressive against A7SIII and A1 series too. A7 since it's price is quite close to that. Panasonic S1H seems like dinosaur right now(Price range, but also old model). What is missing, is internal ND and some in body ports. But I think that this will be quite popular...that 2000€ dual fisheye is quite impressive combined to this...Good thing is that I don't have budget to update my video yet, so i can look what is coming up more. As that guy in previous video you posted said. It is good to have these giants (Nikon&Canon(could be Sony too)) battle with tech. Comptition is hard. But buyers are demanding too.

Last edited by repaap; 01-19-2022 at 08:08 AM.
01-19-2022, 12:28 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I awoke this morning with email from B&H offering it at $4499.
So,at that price, you will get 2?lol

---------- Post added 01-20-22 at 06:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Comptition is hard. But buyers are demanding too.
Yes,In May,the Fuji Summit will unveil the Xtrans 5 series.So I'll be waiting to see what that offers at around half the price.

it is really aggressive against A7SIII and A1 series too.
t I think that this will be quite popular..
Yes, it could be even though no IBIS.Canons digital stabilisation works really well.

What is missing, is internal ND and some in body ports.
Yes, also the eye focus feature that is in the R3 wasn't mentioned.We will see what firmware updates bring down the track.

01-19-2022, 01:52 PM   #20
Pentaxian

So,at that price, you will get 2?lol

---------- Post added 01-20-22 at 06:36 AM ----------

Yes,In May,the Fuji Summit will unveil the Xtrans 5 series.So I'll be waiting to see what that offers at around half the price.

Yes, it could be even though no IBIS.Canons digital stabilisation works really well.

Yes, also the eye focus feature that is in the R3 wasn't mentioned.We will see what firmware updates bring down the track.
I think that they just wanted to get Cinema features as high as they could, also based on how crazy people were with cooling original R5 down. eye focus might not be what this user group will be looking at
01-20-2022, 08:15 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here is a pretty comprehensive look.

01-20-2022, 09:30 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Here is a pretty comprehensive look.

https://youtu.be/NhmGkQDE0R0

It is nice, addressed to 'true hybrid' shooters. Let us see how many did go over A1, and how many will get back now for infinite 8K non overheat machine. I suppose that many with R5 and in need of improved video and no heat issues might do it.

So no IBIS...seems like ... ummm. what. more real cinema camera? But not really eating from C70 as it has also ND.

Funny thing with micro HDMI, I have it also with K-3III and Pana S5. Not so fond of it, really. Don't mind with K-3III since it is not really my main video, but with S5 it is issue, alread I did break one cable with gimbal. And after that I'm worried that I'll break it again. Screen looks ok, but I really like external monitors. They did the same with R3, seems like that port area is similar, it has IBIS thou as it is more 'hybrid' in photography.

it will be interesting to see what will come from Nikon after Z9. Z6&7 needs this update(III)

Sony might give some ansver out at some point?

Also Panasonic, what will they offer, and ofcourse Fuji?

R5C is most affordable 8K60(you'll need extra power/manual cine lenses for that thou..) that is one more funny thing. They really went all the way to see where they can cut down heat

01-20-2022, 10:24 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It is nice, addressed to 'true hybrid' shooters. Let us see how many did go over A1, and how many will get back now for infinite 8K non overheat machine. I suppose that many with R5 and in need of improved video and no heat issues might do it.

So no IBIS...seems like ... ummm. what. more real cinema camera? But not really eating from C70 as it has also ND.

Funny thing with micro HDMI, I have it also with K-3III and Pana S5. Not so fond of it, really. Don't mind with K-3III since it is not really my main video, but with S5 it is issue, alread I did break one cable with gimbal. And after that I'm worried that I'll break it again. Screen looks ok, but I really like external monitors. They did the same with R3, seems like that port area is similar, it has IBIS thou as it is more 'hybrid' in photography.

it will be interesting to see what will come from Nikon after Z9. Z6&7 needs this update(III)

Sony might give some ansver out at some point?

Also Panasonic, what will they offer, and ofcourse Fuji?

R5C is most affordable 8K60(you'll need extra power/manual cine lenses for that thou..) that is one more funny thing. They really went all the way to see where they can cut down heat

---------- Post added 01-21-22 at 04:31 AM ----------

01-20-2022, 12:14 PM   #24
Pentaxian

https://youtu.be/wJlLKTxyDXM

https://youtu.be/YCXJQvRT3Gc
First one is nicely done, ofcourse by professional. Funny thing is that he is also using C70, and many, many accessoris from Canon. Pretty juicy cine lens too. That e-ibis is also in C70. Seems to be okay, but many will propably use gimbal as did this guy. Nice kit! And great camera for sure
01-20-2022, 12:29 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Original Poster
https://youtu.be/wJlLKTxyDXM

https://youtu.be/YCXJQvRT3Gc
01-20-2022, 12:54 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Yeah!

To be honest, when I was looking video cam. Update, C70 went to 4500€ before christmas. I did almost sell both of my BMPCC4K and buy one of those. But it was lacking, since not photo at all, no 12 bit. and some other things(this covid included). R5/6 has some issues. This seems to be very good, compared to A7SIII/FX3 which I had in my mind too. Yes. FF was one parameter too in that. 4-5000€ is big step still. I’m still in that 1-2500€ step…
01-21-2022, 11:35 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I’m still in that 1-2500€ step…
Yes,a lot of people are in that spending slot too.In May the next gen Fujis are announced.

The new XH-2 may be as good or better(depending on how one thinks) than this Canon.It will have IBIS for a start.It won't be FF but a speed booster with FF lenses catches that up.
01-21-2022, 12:58 PM   #28
Pentaxian

Yes,a lot of people are in that spending slot too.In May the next gen Fujis are announced.

The new XH-2 may be as good or better(depending on how one thinks) than this Canon.It will have IBIS for a start.It won't be FF but a speed booster with FF lenses catches that up.
I'll have a look of that Fuji, people seem to be happy with them. I have no problem with S35, or even M4/3. FF is nice, but not obligatory(S5 video does actually look nice, very nice). There is one or more reasons I did look at that C70 at the first place, it is just too much at the moment...
04-10-2022, 04:19 AM   #29
Pentaxian

Yeah. That 5,2mm double FE lens is so sweet that I’m selling my BMPCC4K and my Panasonic S5 kit and some other stuff for that RF lens and this camera. Loooong wait fot RF5,2 thou… will see how FA limiteds works with 8K, if they will.
04-10-2022, 07:17 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Yeah. That 5,2mm double FE lens is so sweet that I’m selling my BMPCC4K and my Panasonic S5 kit and some other stuff for that RF lens and this camera. Loooong wait fot RF5,2 thou… will see how FA limiteds works with 8K, if they will.
Not sure where you're at but my local shop and Canon USA has the 5.2 in stock. It and the 100 2.8 macro seem to be the only RF lenses that didn't sell out right away everywhere.