Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2021, 07:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Need help restoring projector lens.

Hello, everyone. I recently picked up a Elgreet 51mm F/3.5 cine-tel E lens. I was able to remove the front element and clean it. However, the rear doesn't seem accessible. I tried opening the one screw that the lens has and that did nothing but mess up the aperture blades. When I screwed it back in to the only visable hole I see the aperture blades no longer close. They remain open. I'm quite puzzled with this little lens. I've attached some photos.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G970U  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G970U  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G970U  Photo 
08-02-2021, 10:27 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Not sure about opening the rear element, but for the iris, I would try loosening the screw and rotating the iris collar to see if it is disengaged from the iris mechanism. If so, then align the scale to the lowest f-number (appears to be f 3.5) since the iris is fully open, and then tighten the set screw. See if that brings back the ability to adjust the iris.

There might be someone else on this forum who can help you access the rear element. It may be a hidden screw or just a threaded section if you know where to apply some torque. Otherwise, I would clean the external surface and unless there is a lot of internal dirt, let it go at that.