Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2009, 02:45 AM   #1

Letsgodigital: Ricoh K-mount camera!

Read here
Ricoh system camera

In fact they confirm this rumor (K4) Ricoh is coming with K-mount mirrorless system! | k-rumors

S

10-26-2009, 03:27 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by amonsul Quote
Interesting! May be another place to mount your K lenses soon!!
10-26-2009, 03:36 AM   #3
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will Hoya sell Pentax to Ricoh?
10-26-2009, 07:20 AM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Will Hoya sell Pentax to Ricoh?
Which company wound you prefer to buy Pentax:

- Ricoh - user interface to die for
- Fuji - best sensors and processing

I think Fuji is an even better candidate, because they are now missing a DSLR provider to support their unique sensors and processing, and Pentax has everything they need to complement their technology.

Prog.

10-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #5
cyg

Isn't it the same old "rumor" going around the rumor sites (with apparently a period of around 1.5months...)?

FWIW, the K-mount part does not make much sense: the flange-back distance would negate most of the advantage of the mirrorless design. Unless it's "micro-K" mount. But isn't it possible to use K-mount lenses on all "micro-mounts" anyway?
10-26-2009, 08:30 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cyg Quote
FWIW, the K-mount part does not make much sense: the flange-back distance would negate most of the advantage of the mirrorless design. Unless it's "micro-K" mount. But isn't it possible to use K-mount lenses on all "micro-mounts" anyway?
Mere rumors again, but apparently there is a trick to the upcoming Ricoh camera:

M4/3 rds competition and rumors: Micro Four Thirds Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Note that K-mout is not specifically mentioned in this
10-26-2009, 09:37 AM   #7

According to this:

(FT4) Ricoh is the first MicroFourThirds competitor

It won't be a K-mount.

And I agree with Cyg. Using a lens mount intended for SLR cameras doesn't make much sense for these "EVIL" cameras. However, having a built in adapter for one... now that might be interesting. Maybe something similar to built in metal hoods.

10-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member

What would be awesome is if it took the old manual aperture k mount lenses and exposed properly with them, without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. If that happened I might just have to change brands!
10-26-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by beem Quote
According to this:

(FT4) Ricoh is the first MicroFourThirds competitor

It won't be a K-mount.

And I agree with Cyg. Using a lens mount intended for SLR cameras doesn't make much sense for these "EVIL" cameras. However, having a built in adapter for one... now that might be interesting. Maybe something similar to built in metal hoods.
No but its very likely if Pentax are also developing a micro APS cam (which has been hinted at) that Ricoh and Pentax would co-develop the new MicroK mount with would support K lenses with an adapter.
10-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I would buy a Ricoh APS-C camera. They likely will get it very right.
10-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #11
cyg

Another thing that makes little sense (if I may double post here) is that the K-mount, as far as I know, is a mostly mechanical mount. That's sooooo last century!
A micro-APS-C mount is more likely to be mostly electronic.

BTW, although I like the idea of such a system, I would probably not buy a Ricoh, simply because Ricoh doesn't seem to distribute any camera in Canada!
10-26-2009, 03:57 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If Ricoh can design a "micro-K" EVIL camera with an APS-C sensor, an adapter ring for existing K-mount lenses, and the same excellent ergonomics and build quality as their GRD/GX cameras, I'll be the first in line!

How cool would it be if Pentax, Ricoh, and Fuji or Kodak formed the "Micro-K" Evil consortium??!!

p.s. - may they should call it "Special-K"? Or Evil-K-Evil?
10-26-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve Beswick Quote
What would be awesome is if it took the old manual aperture k mount lenses and exposed properly with them, without having to jump through a bunch of hoops. If that happened I might just have to change brands!
I believe Novoflex has an adapter for m4/3 that can take in K-mount lenses and enable the camera to control the aperture for newer lenses that have no manual aperture rings. The price is pretty steep, though ($293 at B&H), and I have yet to find someone who has actually used it and posted their findings on the internet.

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
If Ricoh can design a "micro-K" EVIL camera with an APS-C sensor, an adapter ring for existing K-mount lenses, and the same excellent ergonomics and build quality as their GRD/GX cameras, I'll be the first in line!
No doubt, the adapter rings will come, Pentax assistance or no. Should be interesting to see what Ricoh comes up with.
10-26-2009, 06:00 PM   #14
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
How cool would it be if Pentax, Ricoh, and Fuji or Kodak formed the "Micro-K" Evil consortium??!!
That is essentially what Oly and Panny have now isn't it? Some kind of tech patent sharing or licensing. Two smaller camera brands taking on the big guys and succeeding. Congrats to them. The m4/3 is a great success by all accounts.

This is a market Pentax has to get into. The experience with pancake lens designs translate well to this new "micro" market. I think they can go it alone, without Ricoh which leads me to believe that Pentax and Ricoh may in fact have a "consortium" in place if these rumors turn out to be true.

The question always come back to, "who provides the sensor?" I guess we'll find out next month.
10-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Slugger Quote
The question always come back to, "who provides the sensor?" I guess we'll find out next month.
i think everyone's bets would be on the sony 12 mp cmos
sony, nikon, pentax, leica all use it