Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Samsung NX10 does not have Japanese support. A clue for Pentax NX Mount?

How do you think? It is confirmed there is no Japanese language support on NX10.

01-08-2010, 05:23 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Moved to Off brand forum, Samsung is not Pentax
01-08-2010, 06:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tobogi Quote
How do you think? It is confirmed there is no Japanese language support on NX10.
Well first I would like to know where this is confirmed... but in some regards this would not be totally unexpected.
1)Could be a non-compete clause..
2)Could be that Samsung would not sell too many in Japan.
I actaully suspect a non-compete IF this is true.
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I think they expect the camera to sell well in the home market, and not well in the m4/3 home market. This camera has absolutely nothing to do with Pentax, no co-development whatsoever - considering the vaguely announced K adapter wont be auto, I dont see how this could be construed as Pentax being involved with the camera in any way shape or form.

01-08-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pxpaulx Quote
I think they expect the camera to sell well in the home market, and not well in the m4/3 home market. This camera has absolutely nothing to do with Pentax, no co-development whatsoever - considering the vaguely announced K adapter wont be auto, I dont see how this could be construed as Pentax being involved with the camera in any way shape or form.
Samsung has underplayed Pentax since day 1. I see the same trend here. If it wasn't for a few vague statements by Pentax/Hoya I would BET that this camera was, in a large part, designed by Pentax yet of course not sanctioned by Pentax. If they are stamped "Assembled in the Philippines" it will even strengthen my belief.
Time will tell. Samsung has a strong need to say "this is ours" when indeed it may not totally be. As I said (somewhere) if I were Samsung and totally reinventing the mount it would not look like a scrambled ka mount. There would be no resemblance any more than a Canon mount looks like a Pentax mount... even if it has nothing to do w/ Pentax it's pretty obvious and it makes a lot of sense to not reinvent the wheel. Though this is what Samsung should have done IF it was all their own. I see no proof of this yet, besides there are "Samsung" and "Schneider" lenses that will need to be compatible with this new idea and these are KAF mount lenses.......
As to "auto" we shall see........ if it's not "auto" why bother in the first place.

Last edited by jeffkrol; 01-08-2010 at 10:50 PM.