Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2010, 10:03 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
ill try to contribute as soon as my SP F arrive.

05-14-2010, 02:48 PM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by woof Quote
There are subtle differences that give the early bodies away... differences include cosmetic differences in the self-timer lever, meter switch, top cover attachment method, and film counter height. There are also subtle differences in the focusing screen, lettering font, and even the strap triangle rings. The early part number was 231. The later model part number was 23102. Some appear to have these numbers on the baseplate, but not all. Serials can distinguish them as well... serials starting in the range 10nn800 but lower than 2016000 are early, while 2016000 and above are late models.
Just to confuse the issue, I have a hybrid early/late Spotmatic.

It looks like a later model; lower profile film counter, top plate attachment method, self timer lever, meter switch and (the icing on the cake) 23102 stamped on the baseplate.

However, the serial number is 1443403 (stamped in the earlier font) and there's no roller inside the film door - as per the early version.

Which I guess means mine was made around the time of the changes from whatever bits were laid to hand...
05-15-2010, 09:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
ill try to contribute as soon as my SP F arrive.
That would be great....I don't think we have a picture of a SP F other than the motor drive edition..

QuoteOriginally posted by hefty1 Quote
Just to confuse the issue, I have a hybrid early/late Spotmatic.

It looks like a later model; lower profile film counter, top plate attachment method, self timer lever, meter switch and (the icing on the cake) 23102 stamped on the baseplate.

However, the serial number is 1443403 (stamped in the earlier font) and there's no roller inside the film door - as per the early version.

Which I guess means mine was made around the time of the changes from whatever bits were laid to hand...
We can pass along the info to Adam....any chance on getting some pics?
05-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #19
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We could add that photo to the spotmatic thread, sure. Also, Ole has started compiling the information submitted thus far into camera review threads- keep the info flowing and we'll have this done in no time! Thanks so much for all the hard work put into this thus far, Steve, and thanks go to all the folks in this thread who've helped out.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #20
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
We can pass along the info to Adam....any chance on getting some pics?
Your wish etc etc...

I've highlighted the parts that don't quite add up - feel free to use the pics any way you want.
05-17-2010, 09:15 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Perfect...thanks hefty1! The spotmatic list is pretty much ready to be submitted, so once woof has had a chance to review, I'll forward everything to Adam.
I'm hoping I can get 2 cameras completed this week per member contributing. If there is someone that could help this week, please send me a PM. I'll pass along a list of the ones that are not currently being looked at....

Cheers,
Steve
05-17-2010, 10:37 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just a reminder that Adam is publishing the items we provide into https://www.pentaxforums.com/content/m42.

We may find some models are nearly identical, so the easiest thing to do is to post "same information as camera xxx, except for xxx" and we can quickly create a new table based on the info you provide....

Thx
Steve

Last edited by SteveM; 05-17-2010 at 10:47 AM.
05-17-2010, 10:54 AM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smc Quote
Perfect...thanks hefty1! The spotmatic list is pretty much ready to be submitted, so once woof has had a chance to review, I'll forward everything to Adam.
I'm hoping I can get 2 cameras completed this week per member contributing. If there is someone that could help this week, please send me a PM. I'll pass along a list of the ones that are not currently being looked at....

Cheers,
Steve
I'll guarantee a chrome ES, black SV, and Asahiflex IIB (late model) this week with images.

Edit: I may be able to scrounge up images of a black SL Asahi, but I don't own it anymore.

Last edited by Blue; 05-17-2010 at 11:01 AM. Reason: typo
05-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Adam,

I submitted some pics in the other thread about the K mount database..... (SV and Spottie). Do you need me to post here as well?

Thanks,
05-17-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I believe I've saved those to my disk, but sure, please do post them here, as that will allow Steve to put them into the appropriate folder.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-17-2010, 10:44 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for everyone's help. So far this week;

- Monochrome is going to provide info / pics for the Asahiflex IIa and K
- Blue as indicated is going to provide info / pics for the chrome ES, black SV, and Asahiflex IIB (late model)
- Woof will provide info/pics for the S and Spotmatic and I'll add hefty1s contribution above (done)

If there are any other members willing to help provide pics / info, please let me know. The first page of this thread lists all of the cameras we are tracking (so far)

Thanks,
Steve
05-18-2010, 02:37 AM   #27
Inactive Account

I've got an early version of the S1a (#547350) if you're interested? It's got the green "R" on the rewind crank and the slightly higher iris pin actuator, as well as the release on the film door rather than the body.

I think I have a broken SP500 in my parts bin somewhere too, but I'll have to check on that next time I'm in the garage.
05-18-2010, 06:41 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hefty1 Quote
I've got an early version of the S1a (#547350) if you're interested? It's got the green "R" on the rewind crank and the slightly higher iris pin actuator, as well as the release on the film door rather than the body.

I think I have a broken SP500 in my parts bin somewhere too, but I'll have to check on that next time I'm in the garage.
If you can add some pics from those, that would be great!

Steve
05-18-2010, 08:10 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For your consideration. I hope these are helpful.

SV

Original Spotmatic

with Rexatar 200mm f3.3

with Helios 44-2

Thanks,
05-18-2010, 08:34 AM   #30
Site Supporter

Late black SV

The little silver button starts the self timer

Edit: Sporting a Auto Tak 55mm f1.8 'Zebra' that came out with the K. This is my spare Zebra which happens to be slightly different than the one that came with my K body in that it has half clicks on the aperture settings.

Last edited by Blue; 05-18-2010 at 08:53 AM.