Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Diopter Corrector for K1000 SE

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Hi,

Does anyone know of a diopter corrector that would slide into the eyecup slot on a K1000 SE?

It seems like theses used to be available -but now that I am actually old enough to need one, I can't find it. :-(

06-14-2010, 07:02 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Slide-on diopters were made available by Pentax. I'm not sure how you'd go about getting one, but they are out there. Hopefully someone else knows more.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-14-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

keh.com occasionally has these - check 35mm, Pentax Manual Focus, Prism and Viewfinder Accessories.
Also check eBay. That's my usual source.

Chris
06-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes Pentax made them for the K series film bodies. These will also fit the later screw-mount bodies. Note most of the diopters you will find for sale have a "M" on them, they are designed for the M series film bodies and are slightly too big for your K1000 and will move around when you are looking through the viewfinder.

Another option for you is the RefConverter II (Right Angle Finder), which has the diopeter correction built in.

Phil.

06-19-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yes Pentax made them for the K series film bodies. These will also fit the later screw-mount bodies. Note most of the diopters you will find for sale have a "M" on them, they are designed for the M series film bodies and are slightly too big for your K1000 and will move around when you are looking through the viewfinder.

Another option for you is the RefConverter II (Right Angle Finder), which has the diopeter correction built in.

Phil.
From B. Dimitrov's K Mount Page:

Eyepiece Correction Lenses
These SMC-coated devices change the diopter rating of the viewfinder. There are eight lenses to fit the K-bodies (-5 to +3 diopters, in 1 diopter steps) and seven for the M bodies (-5 to +2 diopters, in 1 diopter steps).
06-19-2010, 11:07 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Phil.

These SMC-coated devices change the diopter rating of the viewfinder. There are eight lenses to fit the K-bodies (-5 to +3 diopters, in 1 diopter steps) and seven for the M bodies (-5 to +2 diopters, in 1 diopter steps).

Example (won't fit a K1000 SE well) - M Version -3 Diopter available Here
06-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

Yep but like the eyepiece blind, the "K" versions are hard to find. I've been looking for a "K" -1 for years and have never seen one. I use my Ref Converter II when I'm doing tripod telephoto work as a substitute.
Phil.

06-19-2010, 07:40 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yep but like the eyepiece blind, the "K" versions are hard to find. I've been looking for a "K" -1 for years and have never seen one. I use my Ref Converter II when I'm doing tripod telephoto work as a substitute.
Phil.
I was fortunate several years ago to find several +2 in both the K and M versions, as well as a Nikon that fits the M frame. Alas, they disappear and reappear so right now I ahve only 1 of each (that I can find).
11-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Which - K or M - would work on the K-x. Is it intuitive and its the K?
11-07-2010, 07:19 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Which - K or M - would work on the K-x. Is it intuitive and its the K?
The M or A series will fit your K-x DSLR. The K series will be too small.

Phil.
11-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #11
Veteran Member

The M or A series will fit your K-x DSLR. The K series will be too small.

Phil.
Phil,

Thanks, I'll look for an M or A -3 diopter.