Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2010, 01:52 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
[langtitle=fr]Où faire réparer mon Sticky mirror (LX) à Paris (pas cher)?[/langtitle]

Bonjour,
j'ai acheté un LX pas cher avec le fameux problème du sticky mirror (j'en avais déjà un mais bon, il avait le viseur sportif FB-1, un 50 mm macro 1:4 et tout ça pour 100 euros, alors j'allais pas chipoter). Connaissez-vous un réparateur à Paris ou RP qui puisse me le réparer sans me prendre 250 euros. Je pense qu'il faut aussi changer la mousse sur laquelle le miroir s'appuie quand il remonte qui s'effrite (plus compliqué puisque manifestement il faut démonter). Je n'ose pas me lancer moi-même, ce serait dommage d'abimer un boitier comme ça.

Merci d'avance

10-01-2010, 03:24 AM   #2
Forum Member

Hmm I'm not good in French, so this is what google says in translation:

"Hello,
I bought a cheap LX with the famous problem of sticky mirror (I already had one but hey, it was the viewfinder sports FB-1, a 50 mm macro 1:4 and stuff for 100 euros, then j was going to not quibble). Do you know a repairman in Paris or RP that can fix it without me take me 250 euros. I think you also change the foam on which the mirror when it goes based crumbling (obviously more complicated because it must be dismantled). I dare not launch myself, it would be a shame to damage a case like this.
Thank you in advance."

Any suggestions?
10-01-2010, 02:51 PM   #3

Wow, that's a shockingly good mechanized translation.

Sadly, I have no suggestions. (Je suis désolé, mais j'en sias rien des réparateurs français...)
10-03-2010, 10:15 AM   #4

My Repair Man charges me 10 bucks for putting new foam. I wouldn't pay more in Paris

10-04-2010, 05:27 AM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
RE: Où faire réparer...

Usually, I post in English. But for this question it was more appropriate in French. Looks like there are not a lot of French people on this Forum.
I hope I will find a repair man for 10 bucks!!! But for the sticky mirror, I think that one needs special parts (not only foam).
10-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The sticky mirror problem on the LX is a small rubber part that is on the arm where the mirror rests. The sticky mirror is generally accompanied by focus errors since that rubber part affects the mirror angle. Because of the mirror angle issue, something that appears simple can be time consuming. Whenever the rubber piece is replaced the mirror angle has to be adjusted so that things that appear in focus in the viewfinder will actually be in focus on the film. I guess if focusing accuracy is not important you could do the job yourself for ten dollars, but then again . . .
10-17-2010, 11:15 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please use the translation system if you're going to post in your native language. I've updated your original post. You can set your default language in your profile.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: