Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2010, 04:43 AM   #1

Hi, new Pentax user here - Film Photo 365 project with an ME-F

Hi all, having been raised on a strict diet of shooting a Digital SLR the Canon way, I've decided to go back to basics and see if what I've learned will work the old way with film.

I've picked up an ME-F with a Cosina 50mm f2.0 for less than the price of a roll of Ilford Delta, and I'm wondering where to start. I'm very used to using manual modes, so technically the ME-F shouldn't present me with too many challenges.

What do I need to look out for on the camera when it arrives to check it all works properly?

I'm aiming to do a Photo 365 using this camera and black and white film which I'm also hoping to self develop. This way I'm hoping to hone the skills I've learned so far around metering, composition and become a better photographer by learning new ones around developing film and how to work within the confines of a few preselected parameters i.e. film speed, fixed focal length, limitations on shutter speed, a fixed number of exposures, film costs etc.

I'd be very grateful for any tips you'd like to pass on or any suggestions as to the use of this type of equipment. I gather the 50mm Cosina isn't that well regarded and I have my eye on an SMCP-A 50mm f1.2...

Many thanks,
Gary

Last edited by gs.davies; 10-13-2010 at 05:50 AM.
10-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Duplicate. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/118105-hi-new-...5-project.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
Closed Thread