Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2023, 08:37 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by T Shaw Quote
I also have the CP-7m but with the Auto S-240. I got it in '88 but when digital came out it sadly spent the next 30 years in a drawer. My issue is a bit different as my CP-7m seems to recognize the flash because it goes through the steps... red flash icon, flashing 125 SS, and the 100 in the LCD, but it still doesn't flash. I figured the flash hot shoe was messed up, but it can't be because it works fine on my Nikon Z6ii. I am baffled! Any thoughts????
Will the CP-7 fire another flash?
It could be the main pin on the camera shoe is messed up but the little pins (which control camera communication) are fine.

-Eric

01-14-2023, 07:24 PM   #17

Ok, I only have a couple Yongnuo and Godox speedlights to try. They didn't fire either, but I'm not sure they're compatible. I figure the YN 560iv would because it's a universal, but maybe not.
01-15-2023, 02:46 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If it's been in a drawer for 30 years, how does the universal hot she pin on the top look? Is there corrosion, dirt, or dust that needs cleaning for a good connection between body and flash?
01-15-2023, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by T Shaw Quote
Ok, I only have a couple Yongnuo and Godox speedlights to try. They didn't fire either, but I'm not sure they're compatible. I figure the YN 560iv would because it's a universal, but maybe not.
If the Yongnuo and Godox units don't fire in manual mode, it's almost certainly the camera.
That big pin in the middle should nearly always fire the flash...
Usually compatibility is a matter of the camera and flash communicating settings and TTL commands.
Just the command to fire, though, is typically very simple...
Unless there is a physical issue (like a Sony flash on a not-Sony camera), just about everything will fire, even if the exposure is wacky... so I think your camera is broken.

-Eric