Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-07-2009, 09:29 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Many thanks to k100d (aka Simon) because I am now the proud owner of an MZ-S. In the end I paid $300 USD, which is in a reasonable range for my budget. (At least it's cheaper than the current going rate for an F5, but still more than an F100 fetches.)

I immediately put two rolls through it, and the experience of shooting with the MZ-S is incomparable. This is top notch kit, and truly unique. The user interface is far more like a classic manual SLR, updated for the 21st century. It's a shame Pentax haven't kept using this paradigm, I think it would work well on a DSLR and provide a nice differentiation from the other camera makers in the marketplace.

I'm sure I'll have more to share as I learn my new camera and shoot more.

11-13-2009, 12:58 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
True, true, amigo. I took mine for a walk, one last spin before I was to send it to eBay... now I have to think a while. Such a nice camera!
11-14-2009, 01:47 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Right now, I'm happy with the MZ-7, but would definitely be way happier with an MZ-S!!

But the price is just not in my budget, especially since I've invested so much into the digital side already.

Btw, MZ-7 + DA*55 F1.4 = killer combo. Imagine MZ-S + DA*55.... oh man... oh man...
11-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dugrant153 Quote
Btw, MZ-7 + DA*55 F1.4 = killer combo. Imagine MZ-S + DA*55.... oh man... oh man...
the MZ-7 is better for DA lenses because it has inbody aperture control.

11-14-2009, 10:04 AM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
The user interface is far more like a classic manual SLR, updated for the 21st century. It's a shame Pentax haven't kept using this paradigm, I think it would work well on a DSLR and provide a nice differentiation from the other camera makers in the marketplace.
Pentax first DSLR, never to be marketed, the MD-S (or K-1) used the same interface. In fact, the MZ-S was derived from this digital camera....