Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #1

Program A - marks on focusing screen

Hi,
I have just picked up a very nice condition Program A which appears to work very well. Bumper and seals look fine. very clean. Digital indicators working.
However, I do have some small marks in one area of the focus screen.

Are these marks likely to appear on the image?
Thanks
John

12-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If they are on the focusing screen they will not appear in the image recorded on film, no worries (it's not in the optical path of the film). If you have a lens on it, I would suggest you check to make sure it's not something big floating around inside the lens (doubt it).
12-05-2010, 02:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks, that's a relief!
Definitely on the focusing screen and not the lens.

I'll get on with enjoying the camera then.

Thanks again.

Johnct
12-05-2010, 03:02 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Probably not. Take the lens off the camera and look through the viewfinder. If you still see the marks, they are on the focus screen and will not affect your photos.

Steve