Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2011, 02:25 AM   #1

Pentax MX - Servicing UK

In my previous thread we seem to have established that I have a problem with my MX and that it could do with a good service. So does anyone have any suggestions where to have it serviced in the UK. I live between Oxford and Northampton.

Cost is an issue. To be honest, I am not sure whether to have it serviced or not. My main interest is digital (sorry!) and colour and I cannot afford to use film for colour photography. I intend to sell the camera and it is a moot point whether to sell it as is or to have it serviced.

01-29-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just as a general rule that also applies to houses and vehicles, I think you'll be better off selling as-is and let the new owner arrange service as and if he wants. It's very unlikely you'll recover the costs of service in a higher sales price.
01-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Harrow Technical - Pentax Repairs, Pentax Spares, Pentax Cameras, Pentax Service