Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #31
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Only a month?

Suggest you pop over to RFF as suggested and read some stories there, "Dude"...

Chris
I agree with Zav, if you use the internet to sell your wares you need to be able to handle larger amounts of business than you would likely not get offline. and if your availability is always low or your approach to business is slow you either need to not sell online, or let all potential customers know this up front. you cant justify this by giving ‘back in the day’ type responses. its been a while now since I ordered and haven’t even received an email or anything confirming that they even got my order. im not exactly worried yet, but I think its only fair to your potential customers to do business in a 21st century way (and that means confirmations, communication and upfront business practices) if you decide to sell online and offer your product worldwide with 24hour open doors. I will however reserve my judgement for their products if and when I get what I ordered. my SV is m darling camera, so nothing but the best, regardless of issues getting it.

03-04-2011, 04:40 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Prior to ordering online from any Internet seller an informed consumer should read independent reviews.
If you don't like what you read you can take your business elsewhere, or choose to not buy at all.

Unfortunately two companies with spotty records have cornered the market for precut skins for antique cameras.
I'm not arguing what's right or wrong. Realistically though if you want the product you must accept their terms.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 03-04-2011 at 05:21 PM.
03-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #33
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
As far as I know, this is the 1st mixed feedback about them on Pentaxforums.com. The other ones were good. I unfortunately cannot spend time on this rff website. I have no interest on doing so (especially as I am not a rangefinder user). They seem to be much more aware of things of life than us poor pentax users
So finally. I am giving them a bad review for ZERO communication, endless delay and 19th century interaction policy with their customer policy. Full disclaimer: if you are a rangefinder user, you may find this acceptable.

Oh and don't this message too seriously please. I asked if someone had bad experience with this website. Apparently yes (and apparently my wait of 3 months is not so bad, not my opinion however ). That's all.
03-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #34
Zav
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Ah can't edit properly my message on my iPhone: yes my last message is full of silly jokes about rangefinder users.

03-05-2011, 08:28 PM   #35
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zav Quote
if you are a rangefinder user, you may find this acceptable.
Oh, they don't find it acceptable at all. That is why the suggestion was made that you do a small search on that site. The Vulcanite covering on certain Leica models is notorious for falling off, so replacing the camera cover is a common task for owners of that brand. It is also not unusual for other rangefinders to suffer from peeling or badly worn skin. Net result is that there are a fair number of users who have dealt with cameraleather.com and/or aki-asahi.com (apparently operational again).

So, all joking aside, I agree with you that several months is too long to wait for a couple of strips of material that are cut using an automated process. Who knows why it is taking so long. Perhaps the owner has been ill?

Steve
06-17-2012, 08:52 AM   #36

Another bad experience with Cameraleather.com

Morgan Sparks:

I placed this order two months ago. Your website suggests that Leica kits can take longer than 3-10 working days, even beyond 30 days. So I understand it's not a process of immediate gratification.

However, I have emailed you twice, asking you to at least acknowledge the existence of the order.

Nothing.

I have not heard a single word from you.

I understand that your office gets a lot of email. Which means it gets a lot of orders. Which means it gets a lot of money. Which means you can afford to hire someone to actually serve your customers, as in CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Care to let me know what's up?
06-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #37
Veteran Member

This seems to be the thing with camera leather repair kits. There was another guy in China who was making them who was always having problems keeping and training staff. His kits were supposedly great but it took forever to get them and he'd take the site down every time he got backed up and refuse any orders. Finally he just quit I think. There's definitely a niche here that needs to be filled. Someone with good hands, the right equipment and a good sense of business and customer service could do very well making these kits.

06-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #38
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by 16520Man Quote
Morgan Sparks:

I placed this order two months ago. Your website suggests that Leica kits can take longer than 3-10 working days, even beyond 30 days. So I understand it's not a process of immediate gratification.

However, I have emailed you twice, asking you to at least acknowledge the existence of the order.

Nothing.

I have not heard a single word from you.

I understand that your office gets a lot of email. Which means it gets a lot of orders. Which means it gets a lot of money. Which means you can afford to hire someone to actually serve your customers, as in CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Care to let me know what's up?
Hi! Welcome to the Pentax Forums! Hopefully you did not join with the sole intent of flaming cameraleather.com. I have never ordered from them, but have made inquiries in the past that took a fair amount of time for them to respond to. That being said, they do have a fair number of satisfied customers on this site and a decent reputation for quality of work.

If you are unhappy, the standard answer here and on the other camera forums is to simply ask for your money back and take your business elsewhere. I recently ordered a kit from aki-asahi.com in Japan and got my Spotmatic skin (LINK) in less that a week. They support several Leica models and may be your best option.

Now...how about your Pentax? You do own one, don't you?

Steve
06-17-2012, 10:14 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Um, just an FYI, the OP had well over 900 posts when he posted this thread. He's been here since 2009. I don't think he's a troll. ;P
06-18-2012, 07:55 AM   #40

06-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #41
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Um, just an FYI, the OP had well over 900 posts when he posted this thread. He's been here since 2009. I don't think he's a troll. ;P
I was responding to 16520Man who at the time he posted had two posts and was new to the site. Since then he has posted a photo of his Pentax, so he is good.

Steve
06-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #42

Camera Leather Took My Money & Never Delivered

Placed an order on December 2013, sent an e-mail to him with model details, got a thanks e-mail from him and have heard nothing now for 7 months despite sending lots of e-mails. This guy is dead or a scam. Don't give him your money.
06-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #43
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hoglundtw Quote
Placed an order on December 2013, sent an e-mail to him with model details, got a thanks e-mail from him and have heard nothing now for 7 months despite sending lots of e-mails. This guy is dead or a scam. Don't give him your money.
Zombie thread. Best to not wake the dead. Better to start a new thread.

Steve